Battery Tender connections info?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Default Battery Tender connections info?

I just got a Battery Tender Plus, along with several of the small cords that attach to each motorcycle's battery terminal, with a quick-connect ending that lets me easily do one connection to the charger, and turn on the charger, if it ever is needed.
My question:
--is the KLX250S (06) a negative-ground, and does it have SCREW-ON battery-terminal posts, so the flat round (like a washer) cord connectors can be attached to the battery that way? Or is there something weird that will make this hard to connect to the battery?
Also, what about the same situation on an 05 KLR250?
Thanks in advance!

Old 12-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Battery Tender connections info?

Hey Man, I added a battery tender plug to mine the day I brought it home, The battery has the standard bolts, and I just ran the cord to the back by the Radiator expansion tank hose, or the turn signal wire, I can't remember now, but I am at work with the bike, and I have a camera here I could shoot one if you want. I can get to it easy that way, let me know if you need pics.

deej

Old 12-30-2005, 01:01 AM

ORIGINAL: deej

Hey Man, I added a battery tender plug to mine the day I brought it home, The battery has the standard bolts, and I just ran the cord to the back by the Radiator expansion tank hose, or the turn signal wire, I can't remember now, but I am at work with the bike, and I have a camera here I could shoot one if you want. I can get to it easy that way, let me know if you need pics.

deej
If a pic is possible, it would help -- I haven't messed with a battery for so many years, I've forgotten about them. Been a long time, and I haven't done hardly any of my own wrenching lately....

Old 12-30-2005, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Here are a couple of pics, not good quality, I must have been too close, any way the first one shows a simple connection, I put the wire with the fuse to the pos terminal, and then ran the wires down and zip tied it to the output of the radiator overflow. Let me know if you have any questions. With the cover back on, you can't really tell there is a plug, but it has a cap on it, and keeps it really clean.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c195/d..._4942small.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/c195/d..._4945small.jpg

Old 12-30-2005, 01:37 PM

Deej -- your pics have been more help than you would believe! Thanks much!

Old 01-23-2006, 04:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Deej have you been out killing vampires or something? [8D] I was looking thu ur pix and found a wooden stake under your front guard, whats it for man?
Garry

Old 01-23-2006, 07:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Mey MaverickAus, well that thing is a home made fork saver. It keeps the forks from compressing when you tie it in you're truck. I guess it's not good to compress the forks for too long. You can buy them in bike shops, but I was too cheap and decided to make one out of wood. LOL

deej

Old 01-23-2006, 07:42 PM

Deej,

Why not just put your pictures right in the post?

Sure does make it easier to look at!

Just a thought!

It takes up no extra room here as they are linked to their storage spot.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Well I would but it's easier to have a site that hosts pics, otherwise I would have to have copies of the pictures on my work machine and at home, and since I post stuff from both locations, Photobucket works beter for me. But let's see if I can post one here just to experiment.
Here's a pic from the bike shop down in Longview Wa, man they had a lot of bikes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/897/9A2DAF664859405E8212A33903371787.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-23-2006, 08:15 PM
1st Gear Member

How do I make the picture bigger, I thought there was a 200k max size. Here I'll try it again,.....nope file too large, what am I doing wrong?

deej

Quick Reply: Battery Tender connections info?