Bark busters?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Default Bark busters?

I need a replacement for OEM. The wind tipped my forking bike over and broke the mother forker. Happy? No. Im seriously chapped about it.

Whats the heat for keepin the brush off your hands? Doesn't have to be race green, I'd go black or white too.

Also, I lost my license plate... somewhere. Its fine, fine, fine, gone. That also chaps me. Anyone else having issues with the factory hardware vibrating loose?

Old 06-08-2006, 05:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Bark busters?

I havent heard of anything like that where stuff just rattles off. i do know one sight where they sell bark busters i am new to them too i am thinking of buying them. like i said i am a newbie to them so i don't know much. http://www.enduroeng.com/default.asp go to the online catalog them look for them good luck.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:33 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Name:  100_5145.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  94.1 KB

Old 06-08-2006, 06:48 AM

True Barkbuster might not be as pretty, but they sure are functional!

I've had them on my KLR650, KLR250 and now my KLX250 in several "unfortunate incidents" off road and still have the same clutch and brake levers that came on the bike.

The KLR650 went down hard one day. I had just pulled into my parking spot, put down the sidestand, used the footpeg to step off, and kind of 'bounced' the bike just a bit. As I was walking away, I heard this very unsatisfying "crash" behing me, about the distance to where my bike should have been sitting on it's sidestand. There is still a nice gouge on the Barkbuster, but the clutch lever is still the one the factory put on!

I believe in them!

Name:  fender.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  14.2 KB

Name:  ChristmasPagent007.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  76.3 KB

Old 06-08-2006, 12:06 PM
1st Gear Member

some piece of excrement pushed my bike over one night, if it wasnt for the barkbusters it would have done damage all that happened was a mark on the plastic ... oh and mine are pretty, they are kawasaki green [8D]

Old 06-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Hey deej, got a part # for those i like those alot. I rode my bike into the yard last night and put it on the kick stand and went to get the road sign i use so it doesnt sink, and it sunk before i could get back to it and it fell over and broke the factory hand guard, bent the back turn signal, and the whole clutch lever spun on the handle bars. With the acerbis handguards do you have to modify the stock brake or clutch lever? I want to get a set where i dont have to modify the stock levers and still want the wind deflection for riding.

Old 06-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Look at the picture I have above, the only problem I ran into is that the hose for the front brake was slightly in the way, but a little hole and it fit. Here is the link. Oh and also there is a search button at the top of the page, and if you pick our section as the search criteria, and put in what you are looking for it usually finds it. I am having to use that more and more since we have so many pages here and what was on page 2 or 3 or 4 is now on 5, 6, or 7, so you can't always find the stuff on the page you thought it was. Don't underestimate the search button, it really helps. Later man.
Whoops I forgot the link LOL here you go.

http://www.cyclepages.com/ProductGro...roupID=4002724

There are also spoilers that I ordered and I really like them. I think it will help in the cold months riding to work, even if it is only 2 miles.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:47 AM

I have a 06 klx250 and cant figure out what size bark busters will fit. Marty I am looking for the same set up you have on your 250. Can you pass along make and model of those bark busters? Any problems with installation?

Old 07-06-2007, 03:21 AM
1st Gear Member

These should be the ones you need to order. The 50-001, 50-004, 50-007 will work for 7/8" bars. You may have to cut the factory bars down a little bit to get them to fit.At a minimum, thebar end weights will have to be taken out. Be sure which end clamps they come with. Steel handlebars have a bigger inside diameter than aluminum.
http://www.enduroeng.com/item.asp?It...bar+Components

Old 07-06-2007, 05:54 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm going with a pair of acerbis rally pro's (the strongest ones they make). They look pretty sharp and this is a wicked good price ($30 plus less than the local guys)

http://www.shop.com/op/~Acerbis_Rall...0?sourceid=298

Quick Reply: Bark busters?