back to the shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default back to the shop

Well guys, went to take the bike for a ride yesterday, and it wasnt running right, now it wont start up with out the choke on, and it doesnt idle at all, no matter what i adjust it too... and when its runnin under 3k it doesnt sound right... at all... somethings still messed up, and its still ticking real loud, i know he said that the valves need adjusted again... so its around 4750 miles, and i think thats enough.... plus it wont run... its a nice fall day around 50 degrees outside and it wont idle at all... so back to the dealer monday night after work, and i got a set of ramps so ill be hauling it for the first time in its 4700 miles of life... im sooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated... i just want to be able to enjoy my bike... with the not idling, i was thinking that has to do with the carb, maybe something was off... but i was thinking how could something be off... i have put over 2000 miles on it since i rejetted the carb.... the only thing that has changed was temperature.... so i dont think its something i have done..... does the lemon law apply to bikes???? im just so frustrated, i just want to ride my bike and have fun... but lately its not been happening.... [:'(][:'(][>:] So back to the shop, ill keep you guys up to date on the problems....

Old 10-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: back to the shop

Sorry to hear it EMS. Note that if the valves are out far enough, that could explain the not running part. Not sure about the ticking, though.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:34 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

That sucks man, I feel your frustration.

Old 10-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I wanted to put the stock exhaust back on for the warranty reasons... and found out one of the header pipe studs were bent and the stock header wouldnt go on... had to bend one of the studs a little bit... the big gun header has sloted holes.... i have no idea how the studs got bent... well got to try out my new ramps took the bike over my dads and used some of his tools to bend it back with out messing it up.... got back a little bit ago... finished getting the stock exhaust all put on. I took it for a ride... its runnin bad... wont run under 2k... [:@][:@]... so monday night its going back... but man is that tickin sound loud with the stock exhaust... still seems like somethings not right... [:'(][:'(]

Old 10-29-2006, 08:41 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't have any suggestions about the ticking, but somebody mentioned something the other day about those Help brand plugs developing cracks over time ... any chance you're using those and have an air leak in the intake?

Old 10-30-2006, 01:49 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i still have that emissons stuff... dont want to worry about those leaking... ill probably take it off over winter though.... so thats out.

Old 10-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well keep us up to date, and remember if its not right with you, then its not right period!

Old 10-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea when i take it there tonite, im gonna tell him about it never using oil til last time it was in and it needed a half quart in 600 miles....and i dont want it back if its making any noise, and that its not running right at all...... I just love how today its supposed to be a high of 66 and sunny, and i cant ride it....[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 10-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

that sux bro. hope you get it fixed soon.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:20 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Well i dropped off the bike last night, and talked to the mechanic, told him that if its not quiet i dont want it back. He said hes gonna rip it all apart and see if he can tell what the problem is... Got to talking to him about aftermarket stuff, and asked him about an aftermarket exhaust system, he said it wouldnt void the warranty, just if something happened to put the stock exhaust back on... kinda sounds like what i did.. hehe....he seems real cool not a dick or anything. I also mentioned about it using half quart of oil in 600 miles and never using oil before.... so we will see what he comes up with.... I was wondering around the showroom floor, sat on the kx450f...mmm...... klr650, he was trying to talk me into gettin the klr... i also sat on zx10r,zx14, zx6r.... those are strange critters.... the riding position is just strange. O yea, i saw like 2 dozen bikes yesterday cause it was like 66 and sunny, and there i was with mine in the bed of my truck...[:@]

Quick Reply: back to the shop