B.Blue TM33/34 & Airbox hose

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default B.Blue TM33/34 & Airbox hose

Hello fellow KLXers

The B.Blue carb is into the boots. So far so good. I'm putting it in a otherwise stock 2007 model.
Questions:

1 What did you do with the air hose that runs from the airbox to the top of the OEM carb then to front of the engine just above the exhast header?

2 How did you close/seal the now vacant throttle cable housing hole?

3 How did you seal/close off the now vacant plug that used to connect to left side of OEM carb?

4 What am to do with the aluminum plate and "jet" that came with the B.Blue carb?

Sure to run into other WTF do I do with thats. So any tips or "watch fors" will be warmly greeted.
Much thanks to Captaintrps for the " have a shot " advice.

I'm going to replace the bent handle bars today, ( the wind caused the bike {from parked} to flip/cartwheel over the kickstand. ) and grease the stearing head bearings. Thanks again to those that replied on that post.

1 Are thier upper and lower stearing head bearings? Guess i'll find out.

I'll post my results. And again PLEASE if you've done this clue me in to any do's and don't forget to's.

Quote of the day "have a shot "
May peace be upon you and all those you care for!
8.8 in Chile If you would lite a white candle and think of them I'd apreciate it. (sic)
Sincerely ... Marc the MADDOG

Last edited by MADDOG07; 02-28-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:23 PM
1st Gear Member

1. Removed it and plugged the airbox.
2. I put a short allen head bolt in there, short enough to not hit anything but long enough to hold tight and keep water out.
3. Not sure which one, but it was probably the air suction hose, that is removed and when you install the block off plate it isn't needed.
4. The jet is probably a main jet incase you change your exhaust, the plate is a block off plate for the air injection reed cage on the left side of the front of the engine. You will see a hose going to to it and to a valve with another hose going to the old carb and the larger one to the airbox. Remove all of that, plug the airbox, remove the current reed cage and put the new plate on.

Make sure you KEEP the airbox lid on with the KDX snorkle unless you told BB otherwise, this is the setup he jets for.

The steering bearings are high quality roller bearings, but they need greasing the factory used very little, same for the swingarm bearings.

Also, one watch for, the little bracket on the idle adjustment cable comes off pretty easy, I lost mine, no big deal, but watch for it. Also, you have to remove the throttle bracket on the carb to install it, it is easy to cross thread the screw into the soft body of the carb when installing the bracket due to the tight space, just be careful.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Marc11

And all else who helped w/the TM33/34 install,

Now I reread Marc11's reply I know where to try to fit that aluminum plate..I'll do it tonight.
How did you block the air box?
Wondering if the "reed cage" is inline in the large hose i'm removing from air box to front of engine or somplace else attatched to the cylinder...??

Almost ready to take it down the from my 16th floor living room.
Hope it is worth the work and wait!!
Thanks again ALL ... Marc

Last edited by MADDOG07; 04-08-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

When you install the TM33/34 carb you will remove the fresh air injection system from the front of the cylinder. Remove one of the gaskets from the stock reed cage & install it on the block off plate this will seal off any air leaks. where you removed the air tube from the air box fill the opening in the air box with RTV do the asme thing at the throttle where you remove the push throttle cable.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Joanne.
Looks like I've lost the reed cover plate you sent w/my carb.
I have a 2007 KLX 250s and I'll need a replacement and have it shipping & insured to York ( AKA Toronto ) Canada ( M9N 3R7 ) How much should I make the cheque for?
What is RTV?
Thanks again ALL!
Sincerely Marc

Old 04-10-2010, 08:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MADDOG07
What is RTV?
Google is your friend

http://www.intek-uk.com/

Old 04-10-2010, 07:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Thankx Mav!
Everyone might try IXQUICK for searching use the proxy button to hide you mac address.
Marc

Last edited by MADDOG07; 04-10-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

I will send you a block off plate Monday noon.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:32 AM
1st Gear Member

COOL!!
You are the best!
Yours sincerely Marc

Old 04-11-2010, 04:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MADDOG07
Thankx Mav!
Everyone might try IXQUICK for searching use the proxy button to hide you mac address.
Marc
Huh? I'll stick to google thanks

Quick Reply: B.Blue TM33/34 & Airbox hose