Area Rides

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:25 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Area Rides

Hey Deej,

Since you are the admin/moderator what do you think about setting up a section for area rides and/or ride reports for geographical areas? I would love to invite others that live not to far from me to go for a ride that I think they might enjoy and also to read reports of rides that I had no idea about. I dont want to seperate this sites users, but would love to have more info and contact with other klx'ers in my area.
Just a thought, let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Jim........

Old 05-05-2010, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Jim a good forum to connect with riders in your area is ADV rider ( http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16 ). You'll have a better chance of finding riding buddies and organized rides in your area if you don't limit your contacts to only KLX riders. KF is the best forum for getting answers to your KLX questions, and it's great to get in contact with other KLX's in your area, but you'll get more people in your area on ADV.
Good luck ,
Dan

Old 05-05-2010, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

hey dan888, I am on adv riders site almost as much as this one, but I think that this one will grow more and why not try to help it grow and to get an even more personal touch by getting people together (especially w/our klx). I would love to invite others that live near me to come ride with me at places that I know and learn from them other places not too far from me that I can ride. If it doesnt get any interest than delete it. Its just a little time and cyber space nothing to loose.

thanks,
jim...........

Old 05-05-2010, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member

OK, for example, this month on the 15th and 16th I will come up with an awesome ride that will include plenty of offroad and onraod riding. I will find places to stay all the way from tent camping to very nice hotels in the area. I will supply drinks and this will be a great time for all that comes to the upstate of South Carolina and touching on the mountains in Western North Carolina.
I know of a virtually unused CCC road on the SC/NC border that is very nice! I'm sure that other people know of it too but I've never been on more that a mile of it, come and explore it with me.
Jim.....

Old 05-05-2010, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Plus, if you go to south carolina you get to listen to those carolina women. The accent they have just melts my butter.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:33 PM
1st Gear Member

What kind of drinks are you supplying?

Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jimntr
hey dan888, I am on adv riders site almost as much as this one, but I think that this one will grow more and why not try to help it grow and to get an even more personal touch by getting people together (especially w/our klx). I would love to invite others that live near me to come ride with me at places that I know and learn from them other places not too far from me that I can ride. If it doesnt get any interest than delete it. Its just a little time and cyber space nothing to loose.

thanks,
jim...........
Just to be clear, I'm not against it at all , I was just trying to let you know about ADV.
Dan

Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, what kinds of drinks would you like? I work for Coca Cola so thats a given. Put in requests and I can provide.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:39 AM
1st Gear Member

If you guys would prefer I would also love to goto Carolina Adventure World for the weekend. http://www.carolinaadventureworld.net/
I just want to go out and ride and would love for other klx'ers to come along.
Either way, I will go out and scout out what will make for a great ride.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm on ADV a lot as well.....shhhhhhhh....LOL That would be a great idea to mirror what some of the other sites have for areas.....unfortunately I have neither the time or the ability to even understand how to do that. Also to set up a new section takes the site admin of which none of us are. but that doesn't mean it can't happen. It just means lets talk about it some more and keep the ideas coming.

Quick Reply: Area Rides