Anyone Running KLX300 2 Bros. Pipe + FSW Header On KLX250?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Anyone Running KLX300 2 Bros. Pipe + FSW Header On KLX250?

Just wondering if anyone out there is running a KLX300 Two Brothers slip-on with a Fourstrokeworks KLX300 header on their KLX250. I talked to Jerry from FSW yesterday about fitting his header up to a 2 Bros. 300KLX slip-on (awesome guy by the way-really seems to care!!) I have to call him back with dimensions from the 2 Bros. midpipe to see if any mods need to be done to his header. Thought I could save some trouble if someone out there already tried it. I'd assume (I KNOW, don't assume!), that since both the 2 Bros. pipe and FSW's header are seperately made to fit up to their stock counterpart, they should in theory fit up, correct? Oh man, there's SO MUCH wrong with that statement!

On a side note, the Two Bros. pipe arrived today and like so many others--no X-ring in the box!! I called cust. service, and after some rather choice words to the CSR (sorry Chad) it's being sent so it gets here by Friday morning along with the free t-shirt I requested for my trouble -- one sleeve hopefully! Anyway, I know this has been a problem with them in the past, but man, you'd think they'd have this SIMPLE problem sorted out BY NOW!

I don't want to discourage anyone from getting this pipe--on the contrary! I put one on my girlfriend's KLX and it's great! Good looks, crisp sound, very noticable hp gain. Just giving a heads-up to folks ordering-make sure they check for the X-ring before shipping.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

There was someone on here that had a FMF Q2 klx300 slipon and a FSW header. He had to send the Q2 to Jerry and he modded the head pipe to fit.

I don't know why a slipon made to fit the stock headpipe won't fit a header thats made to fit the stock muffler, but I know in that case it didn't work.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Just a quick update-- I gave Jerry at Fourstrokeworks the dimensions to the Two Bros. midpipe, and according to him it should fit up perfectly. So I'm going to go ahead and order it. I'll post another update when I put the setup on to let anyone that might be interested know how things went.

Also, got the X-ring from Two Bros. this afternoon via 2nd day air, and I'll be darned--they actually threw in a t-shirt! Side note on the invoice listed (1) XL T-shirt: "very unhappy customer demanded t-shirt". I was just kidding, but hey, whatever, I'll take it!

Old 10-03-2008, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll be interested to see how it fits. Maybe in the pipe (LOL) as a future mod. BTW, how much is the FSW header?

Old 10-05-2008, 06:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Heh heh! The pipe is $154.99 USD. Not sure about shipping to Oz though. Couldn't find anything on their site about international shipping. They're located in California though-other than Hawaii, I guess that's about as close to you as we get! http://www.fourstrokeworks.biz/