1st Gear Member

I like it! Looks good all black.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:58 AM
drm
1st Gear Member

Stealthy

Old 04-21-2013, 03:14 AM
1st Gear Member

It was nice out today so I decided to take it out to the trails, so far its holding up well! not even a chip! but of course I didn't drop it today.. but im sure with any paint it'll leave a mark if you lay your bike down. haha I am surprised! and very happy! not bad for $5 a can of plastidip

Old 04-21-2013, 05:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks really good, but I wouldn't expect it to hold up to being dropped. My son did his WR250R, and it scrapped off really badly the first time he dropped the bike. The nice thing about Plastidip is that if you don't like it, you can just peel it all back off. He ended up peeling his off, and you can't tell he ever painted it.

I tried the Duplicolor Bedliner spray on mine, and it held up much better. After 2 years and many drops even it was starting to look a little rough though, so I picked up a set of stock black plastics (mine was black to begin with anyway) from someone here on the forum and now am back to the all stock look...

Old 04-21-2013, 12:49 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

The nice thing about the bedliner stuff? Just sand a bit of a damaged spot, paint it, and it's back to looking great. That's the real advantage of the stuff. It's the reason I did the black plastics on mine.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks good. Hopefully it will hold up.

Btw, great soundtrack.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lilyboy
The nice thing about the bedliner stuff? Just sand a bit of a damaged spot, paint it, and it's back to looking great. That's the real advantage of the stuff. It's the reason I did the black plastics on mine.
This is true. I probably didn't do a good enough prep on a couple of my pieces though, and after about 2 years it started chipping off pretty bad. I got tired of the sanding and re-painting, and just gave up on it...

Old 04-21-2013, 07:21 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BillMoore
This is true. I probably didn't do a good enough prep on a couple of my pieces though, and after about 2 years it started chipping off pretty bad. I got tired of the sanding and re-painting, and just gave up on it...
Yeah, I'm with you on this. Sooner or later it won't matter what I do, it will just be what it is. It was really just a preemptive thing against scratched plastics, and truly an experiment. I may not even like it down the road. Oh well, that's the fun I guess. Sometimes I wish I'd bought the all black '10 model just over the mountains, but Skagit gave me such a good deal, couldn't pass up the '12 (red/black). Plus it was just an hour away...and my wife said buy the newer one. Really? I just do what I'm told.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice do you have any pics of the plastics with the bedliner stuff? Sounds like another good idea I might try that out on my other dirtbike plastics.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rooster
Looks good. Hopefully it will hold up.

Btw, great soundtrack.
Thanks its the ( Requiem for a dream remix )

Quick Reply: Anyone plastidip their Klx plastics?