Anyone need the street legal bits from an 09 KLX ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 11:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Anyone need the street legal bits from an 09 KLX ?

Bike is going to become dedicated off highway use, so no need to have this stuff on it anymore. Wanted to put out a feeler to see if anyone on the forum was interested before I put it up on ebay.

Specifically talking about the headlight and fairing surround, blinkers front and rear. Mirrors as well, but I doubt anyone wants those.

Bike is Kawa green and everything is in excellent condition (less than 2200 miles on the bike)

I can get pictures of the individual pieces once removed from the bike if anyone is actually interested. I don't have a fixed price on the items and am open to reasonable offers.

*EDIT* tail light assembly no longer for sale.

thanks.

Last edited by wildcard; 05-26-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't think your selling this, but IF your selling the radiator shrouds, I'm very interested. Thanks

Old 05-26-2017, 01:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Werloc
I wouldn't think your selling this, but IF your selling the radiator shrouds, I'm very interested. Thanks
No, sorry. :\

Old 05-26-2017, 06:01 AM
1st Gear Member

How does the headlight surround mount? I might be interested on everything but the mirrors.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:40 AM
1st Gear Member

There is a wire mount that attaches to the forks/steering head. The surround and headlight bolt to it along with the gauge cluster. Looks pretty model specific if you are thinking of putting it on something besides a 09+ KLX but anything can fit with enough work/fabrication.

The tail light assembly may already be spoken for however, waiting to hear back from a possible buyer. Also I'm guessing you are in Australia ? Not sure how shipment works for overseas since i've never done it before. Might be prohibitively expensive vs. value of the parts.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:47 AM
1st Gear Member

OK sounds similar to the 06, thanks for that I was thinking of it for my KDX200, I've seen one mounted before. Yeah the shipping is expensive, sometimes it's worth it if the parts are cheap enough.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Wildcard, I'd be interested in the rear turn signals... I have broken a couple on trees before and would like to have spares...
How much would ya want for them?
TC

Old 06-14-2017, 04:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wildcard
Bike is going to become dedicated off highway use, so no need to have this stuff on it anymore. Wanted to put out a feeler to see if anyone on the forum was interested before I put it up on ebay.

Specifically talking about the headlight and fairing surround, blinkers front and rear. Mirrors as well, but I doubt anyone wants those.

Bike is Kawa green and everything is in excellent condition (less than 2200 miles on the bike)

I can get pictures of the individual pieces once removed from the bike if anyone is actually interested. I don't have a fixed price on the items and am open to reasonable offers.

*EDIT* tail light assembly no longer for sale.

thanks.
You goinna use the SM tires for off road?

Old 06-14-2017, 05:29 AM
1st Gear Member

The ugly rear fender license plate holder part...are you getting rid of that? (To include the tail light...would take the turn signals as well if they're not spoken for)

I'd be happy to take that piece off your hands.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by donA
You goinna use the SM tires for off road?
Supermoto track days.

Quick Reply: Anyone need the street legal bits from an 09 KLX ?