anyone found a good "buttpad"?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 03:49 AM
Default anyone found a good "buttpad"?

i'm trying to avoid modifying the stock seat bc i like the slimness of it when riding offroad. i've seen the sheepskin pads and gel pads, anyone have any input on either? thanks. keith

Old 05-31-2007, 07:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: anyone found a good "buttpad"?

I got a pro-pad gel insert and i did my atv seat meyself.If you go to their site they have instructions on how to properly install them.My atv seat looks factory but feels like a really comfy sofa now.The bike would be just as easy.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Scratch my earlier comments about theAirhawk.Check of the below link. Ithink the 'ButtBuffer' P. Pad is about the right size.It's only about $50.00, doesn't gethot like gel and is getting rave reviewsfrom customers. WebBike Worldgave it a verypositive review as well. It uses some sort of space age polymer that actually does a goodjob dstributingyour weight...something other pads claim to do, but don't deliver.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I wear bike shorts with the pad built in under my riding pants. It helps alot and you don't have to modify your seat.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Corbin. the best after market seat making co.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member

my *** still hurts from the pine barrens... im thinking about sending my seat to some1 to get it redone over the winter... stock these seats arent the friendliest to the ol rear end.. any1 have a good seat place thats reputable that knows how to hook a seat up?

Old 05-31-2007, 10:03 PM

Cycling shorts will be the best bet. It won't solve your problem totally, but should help a lot. Look at something like these or this.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jsac

my *** still hurts from the pine barrens... im thinking about sending my seat to some1 to get it redone over the winter... stock these seats arent the friendliest to the ol rear end.. any1 have a good seat place thats reputable that knows how to hook a seat up?
http://www.renazco.com

Pricey, but purported to make superb seats. Takes a long time to get it, though, so be prepared to wait. I thought mine would be here for the NE ride, but no such luck. Turns out I didn't really need it for the NE ride since I found I was more comfortable standing while riding in the sand and I stood for probably 95% of the riding. It sure will be nice for those longer trail connections, though.

Dave (DirtSurfer) has some ultrasoft foam in his seat - I took a short spin on his bike as he tried out my KTM and that seat nearly swallowed me up. I guess I'm just getting used to my KTM's 2x4.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Dave (DirtSurfer) has some ultrasoft foam in his seat - I took a short spin on his bike as he tried out my KTM and that seat nearly swallowed me up. I guess I'm just getting used to my KTM's 2x4.
Yeah, I was thinking that that piece of slate you had on your frame seemed out of place....[:@]

Try this site, go to the bottom.....

http://www.gutsracing.com/pages/cata...kiorderpg.html

I ordered the "Tall/ Soft" foam pad and man is it comfy during those long rides......

Old 06-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

Corbin. the best after market seat making co.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Butt Padd

Quick Reply: anyone found a good "buttpad"?