anybody rode a TE310? How does it compare?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 03:33 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

No kidding on the KTM300. It may be the best 2-stroke trail and enduro competition machine ever built...maybe the best of any type ever built in fact.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Can you really put a plate on a 2 stroke bike in Ca?
If you can, then somebody is looking the other way for KTM...
or am I missing something about AQMD and EPA?

Old 11-29-2009, 05:27 AM
1st Gear Member

The FE390 looks great!!!

But after closer look. I'm thinking that the Husaberg FE390 is not street legal.

I thought I saw a plate on one of these, but maybe it was just the way the back fenter looked... or some kind of wishful thinking on my part.

Can anybody confirm this street legal in Ca thing on this one?

Sorry I know this is not very KLX related but it they would be sharing a garage..
does that count

Old 11-29-2009, 05:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Husaberg are 'red sticker' bikes in CA, whatever that means.

According to these guys.

http://www.motoxotica.com/husaberg.htm

Old 11-29-2009, 06:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Yikes. It spectrum runs Red sticker (my buddies old 2 smoke), then Green sticker (my Z400 ATV) then Street Legal - my car, KLX, and F800GS and my future bike

Red has limited times during the year that you can play off road only
Green is allowed off road only all year long
Street legal names says it all.

I think the hype is that the FE 390 is now a Green sticker in 2010. Which is a big plus for all the dirt biker guys, but still "below the bar" for us DS fans.

Awesome bike though...

It keeps going back to the DRZ400 as the affordable, dependable, larger (but not too large) DS next size up from the KLX250S.

The KLX450S needs to come to Ca. and be street legal.

Shave a couple HP off the 450 to make it quiter and reliable. Then let's give the KTM's some competition on the showroom floor. I wonder how KTM is getting EPA... $$$?

Old 11-29-2009, 12:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
Husaberg are 'red sticker' bikes in CA, whatever that means.

According to these guys.

http://www.motoxotica.com/husaberg.htm
slapdrum is right, all 2010 Husaberg FE's are green sticker for California. Which means that they can be used for offroad other than closed course racing but still are not allowed on the street from the factory.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:23 PM
1st Gear Member

I had the opertunity to ride a TE 250 last summer with 30 pluss hp stock this bike was awesome compared to our 18hp stock klx. My brother bought the TE 450 a few months ago that is a hole other monster. small enough to ride tight single track in the woods and powerful enough to pass on the hwy with lots of throttle left. I think that you would be very happy with the TE 310 husqavarna has been around for a long time they are good reliable bikes.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
No kidding on the KTM300. It may be the best 2-stroke trail and enduro competition machine ever built...maybe the best of any type ever built in fact.
No doubt about it.
The Kato 300 2 banger gives me wood.

If I was younger, taller, fitter, better lookiing and had more hair, I'd get me one of those.

But as I'm old, short, fat, ugly and bald, I'll be sticking with the KLX.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilaction
No doubt about it.
The Kato 300 2 banger gives me wood.

If I was younger, taller, fitter, better lookiing and had more hair, I'd get me one of those.

But as I'm old, short, fat, ugly and bald, I'll be sticking with the KLX.
lol Or maybe a Rokon. I think you could totally make that work.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm currently pinching pennies saving up for a KTM 200 XC/W. *Technically* it's for my son, but you know I'll have to test it out quite often, maybe even have to see how it does in a few hare scrambles - just testing it out of course. I'll be looking for a used '08+, looks like there are some pretty good deals to be had out there. I've already got the mods planned out, I can't wait to get started. Probably in another month or so we'll have enough to plunk down on a decent used one. He's a new rider, but I've got him on a borrowed TT-R125 to learn the basics. Only two rides out and he's doing great. Ah, to be a teenager again - fearless and able to soak in new stuff so easily. "Dad, can you teach me how to wheelie, now?" What have I created??? He's learning so quickly, it's cool to see it.

Quick Reply: anybody rode a TE310? How does it compare?