Any wheel/rotor lock(alarm)???

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:20 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Any wheel/rotor lock(alarm)???

Hi, today i drove to work on my klx first time. I work in Jersey City, so here is lot of people who wants to have my klx ( i think...). I parked in the walkway in fron of bulding close to some tree, but if i will to haave leave my klx far away how to protect it? I found somthing like that

Xena XX10-Y Motorcycle Disc Brake Lock - Alarm Locks

Link: Xena XX10-Y Motorcycle Disc Brake Lock - Alarm Locks | eBay

I have some insurance in geico if sombody wants to steal my klx, but i dont want to walk 50 miles to back home

Old 03-29-2012, 10:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jan Kania
Hi, today i drove to work on my klx first time. I work in Jersey City, so here is lot of people who wants to have my klx ( i think...). I parked in the walkway in fron of bulding close to some tree, but if i will to haave leave my klx far away how to protect it? I found somthing like that

Xena XX10-Y Motorcycle Disc Brake Lock - Alarm Locks

Link: Xena XX10-Y Motorcycle Disc Brake Lock - Alarm Locks | eBay

I have some insurance in geico if sombody wants to steal my klx, but i dont want to walk 50 miles to back home
I have an Xena disc lock and I like it. It's not an alarm one, but I don't foresee a need for that.

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...sk-lock-37219/

Old 03-29-2012, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I slip a regular old Master lock through the brake rotor. You really have to remember to take that off before you ride away though. Truth of the matter is that the KLX is small enough that two guys could pick it up and put it in a pick up if they wanted. Lock it to something if you can.
Dan

Old 03-30-2012, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Too easy to pick up and steal... so a plain lock *without* some sort of a noise-maker, is about useless.

If you're worried about it being taken, use a cable lock, and lock it to something stationary.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:58 PM
1st Gear Member

i will buy somthing like
Motorcycle security chain lock cable lock pad lock | eBay
schould be fine.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

$62??? for a chain with a padlock? You could go to the hardware store and make your own for about $15.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:34 PM
1st Gear Member

You right. piece of chain and any padlock. I should to do this my own. Sometimes i think if it is expensive that means is good, but probably if i do this its going to be same like this for $62.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

i just purchased the lowest deductible insurance plan with $3,000 in aftermarket parts additional coverage...if somebody steals it, they steal it..hehehe....but, i would be sad....

Old 03-30-2012, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

The chain you get from the hardware store might not be hardened. Hardened is more resistant to cutting. But most security measures only slow down thieves, if they really want it they'll take it.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

^^^ This is true, but what thief *really* wants to steal a $3k bike? If it's EASY to take, they might opt for it, but if they have to deal with cutting a cable to take it, it's not worth their time. I say "cable" because they are a LOT harder to cut than a chain is.

Quick Reply: Any wheel/rotor lock(alarm)???