another Two Brothers exhaust question! YAY!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 01:11 PM
1st Gear Member

my exhaust also pops like crazy while engine braking, i rejetted the bike but is it still too lean?

Old 10-17-2008, 03:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pseacraft

City people! What *******, thank god I'm a country boy.

Eric

People in the country still have ears too. I am originally from and still ride there and am concerned for that.

Actually you know what, its WORSE in the country becuase when they call the cops (and they do) the cops actually respond catch people. In the city, people call the cops and nothing happens.
________
Friday night lights forums

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:12 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Not so sure about loud pipes saving lives

I dont buy that line anymore. I have had bikes of all variety's, and ridden with a different crowd on each bike. Sport bikes, Harley, Touring, now Dual Sport.
Not once did I ever find someone in a cage didnt pull a bone head move because they heard me or us. I saw lots of idiots cut in front of me or us, plenty of fools slide over a lane while they are on the highway, and chatting on the phone. Or driving down a boulevard with there tunes so loud aint no pipe gonna help them notice you.
For what its worth, I think visibility is what saves lives. Bright lights, lots of them, reflective vests, led tail lites, anything you can do to improve visibility is what helps. I like the KLX for that reason, its tall, its bright, and its pretty in your face green !!

Sorry about the hi-jack, its just safety is a big issue with me

Old 10-17-2008, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
For what its worth, I think visibility is what saves lives. Bright lights, lots of them, reflective vests, led tail lites, anything you can do to improve visibility is what helps. I like the KLX for that reason, its tall, its bright, and its pretty in your face green !!
Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Bright green bikes save lives!

Although there is one thing I really want: An air horn.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll drink the Kool Aid, too!

Old 10-18-2008, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by testify4
Although there is one thing I really want: An air horn.
I want one of those also !!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dngrrngr
my exhaust also pops like crazy while engine braking, i rejetted the bike but is it still too lean?
drop the clip on your needle

Old 10-29-2008, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't confuse a "burble" with a "pop!"

Old 10-29-2008, 08:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
I dont buy that line anymore. I have had bikes of all variety's, and ridden with a different crowd on each bike. Sport bikes, Harley, Touring, now Dual Sport.
Not once did I ever find someone in a cage didnt pull a bone head move because they heard me or us. I saw lots of idiots cut in front of me or us, plenty of fools slide over a lane while they are on the highway, and chatting on the phone. Or driving down a boulevard with there tunes so loud aint no pipe gonna help them notice you.

Sorry about the hi-jack, its just safety is a big issue with me
Sorry to hobo the high jack, but I'll have to say +1...to a certain extent. Roger on the visibility perspective, but I've had people look straight at me and pull cut me off because they just don't respect anything on two wheels.

As far as the noise thing goes, sometimes I will gun my engine instead of reaching for the horn and it seems to do the trick..just laziness on my part. You don't really need to have a loud muffler to be noticed though.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dngrrngr
You could try a bigger main jet.

Quick Reply: another Two Brothers exhaust question! YAY!