Another new member!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 06:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Another new member!

Purchased a new 2010 KLX-250S about 2 weeks ago. Installing the Tubliss system today, have 2" lowering links ordered (I'm short), and looking to get a bigger rear fender bag. That is about all the mods I have planned for now, but that will likely change.

My 25 y.o. son bought an identical bike (except his is green and mine is black) about 2 weeks before me, so we are learning together...

Old 06-04-2011, 08:44 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Welcome. Pretty good group of folks here, but beware of dan888. He's a strange one...LOL!

I've been running the Tubliss system for nearly 2 years now on my KLX, and it's been totally reliable. Let us know how yours works out.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks! I'll post up what I think of the tubliss system once I've been running it for a while. My son installed it on his less than a week after he bought his bike, and loves it. He got a pinch flat the first time he went out with his stock tubes, did some research and went that route. I rode his bike with them, and it rides great all the way to 65 mph, which is as fast as I got up to on it...

Old 06-04-2011, 10:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Welcome. Pretty good group of folks here, but beware of dan888. He's a strange one...LOL!
Oh hardy-har-har there T&C, throw me under the bus in front of the new guy.
Congrats on the new bikes BillMoore.
This is a great board, with a bunch of great people (just a few exceptions, T,cough N, cough , cough C)

Dan

Old 06-04-2011, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2011, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BillMoore

Thanks!
Seriously though,TNC is really a great guy, not many on here know it, but he is really Chuck Norris. Yes, the real "Texas Ranger" Chuck Norris. Don't let on that you know, because on here he doesn't want any extra attention just because of who he is. He likes to blend in here, and just be "one of the guys" I think it's cool to have such a famous person in our midst. Some time he rambles on and on about stuff, but we just let him , it's easy to scroll over the long paragraphs he puts up, and that is a small price to pay to have such a living legend here on the board. You know all those Chuck Norris sayings? , just put TNC in there instead, they still work. TNC isn't afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of TNC

Dan

Old 06-05-2011, 01:33 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Seriously though,TNC is really a great guy, not many on here know it, but he is really Chuck Norris. Yes, the real "Texas Ranger" Chuck Norris. Don't let on that you know, because on here he doesn't want any extra attention just because of who he is. He likes to blend in here, and just be "one of the guys" I think it's cool to have such a famous person in our midst. Some time he rambles on and on about stuff, but we just let him , it's easy to scroll over the long paragraphs he puts up, and that is a small price to pay to have such a living legend here on the board. You know all those Chuck Norris sayings? , just put TNC in there instead, they still work. TNC isn't afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of TNC

Dan
Blabbermouth! Nothing worse for crime fighting and saving the world than a blown cover. Thanks Dan.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry Ch.....I mean TNC

Old 06-05-2011, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member

You guys reporting on the Tubliss make me jaleous. I must miss a trick...

I attempted two times to install one on the front, but the low pressure side would leak, no matter what I do. First time was with a used tire (a Dunlop D908), so okay... They suggest not installing the Tubliss with a used tire. Second time was while installing a new tire (also a D908), yet no improvement. I followed the Tubliss instructions to the letter. Tried some Slime in there, still leaking.

The high pressure tube and liner appear in good condition, specially the liner's sides where it seals with the tire bead. I intend to try again next time I change my front. I welcome any advice, in addition to what the instructions say.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:04 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RayCour
You guys reporting on the Tubliss make me jaleous. I must miss a trick...

I attempted two times to install one on the front, but the low pressure side would leak, no matter what I do. First time was with a used tire (a Dunlop D908), so okay... They suggest not installing the Tubliss with a used tire. Second time was while installing a new tire (also a D908), yet no improvement. I followed the Tubliss instructions to the letter. Tried some Slime in there, still leaking.

The high pressure tube and liner appear in good condition, specially the liner's sides where it seals with the tire bead. I intend to try again next time I change my front. I welcome any advice, in addition to what the instructions say.
Ray, not sure what's going wrong there. The first time I used the Tubliss system, I installed a used front MT21, and it worked all the way to fully worn out. Since then I've used Trakmasters with the same success. You've probably seen that pic where I had a nail in the rear tire for who knows how many days last year on my Colorado trip with no leaking. I just haven't had any issue with front or rear. Most people who have had any problems usually do so with the installation of the inner liner system...poking a hole in the inner liner and such. When the inner liner system is installed without problems, getting the tire to seal is usually easy. What tires have you been trying to install?

Quick Reply: Another new member!