Am I a tool for adding stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 05:27 PM
1st Gear Member

To be sure, I won't call you a tool for the stickers. If I can still woop up on a stickered guy I will enjoy it a tad bit more.

Kind of like the guy with a mohawk. If he really has the mojo to support that mohawk then he can wear it with pride.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:41 PM
1st Gear Member

i have gotten a lot of great feedback on the looks of my bike at school and on the road, and i have all those stickers.
OHH, and i can back up my stickers with my insanely fast and overwhealming speeed and agility!
im just like a..... a super rider!!! hahaha just kidding!

Last edited by thejackcutts; 03-15-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: cuz
Old 03-15-2011, 06:13 PM
1st Gear Member

I used to roadrace and the rule was always simple:. No stickers unless there's sponsorship dollars attached. I personally don't care what someone else does with their bike, but racers tend to view people with stickered up bikes as posers.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by thejackcutts
i have gotten a lot of great feedback on the looks of my bike at school and on the road, and i have all those stickers.
OHH, and i can back up my stickers with my insanely fast and overwhealming speeed and agility!
im just like a..... a super rider!!! hahaha just kidding!
I like the stealth/sleeper look. I look like a goof that doesnt know what hes doing and i ride this "little" 250... Im usually wearing a sleeveless shirt in the summer while riding. Im faster than i look Ask mustang.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:05 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Stick to it

How ever and whatever you do to your bike is your form of freedom of expression.

I bought this bike to have fun with, I'm no pro racer

just having a blast with the light weight, now the FJR, different story.
( I do have an Art degree)

Old 03-15-2011, 09:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I have used the stickers that came with most of my aftermarket stuff, if it's on the bike it's on the bike. I had done so much like you would see them on a race bike but I have no illusions of it being racey. My only concern is it might make it more of a target for a thief as they can easily see the dollars signs. As far as what people think, well get your own and do it how you like.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Similar to crotch rockets, enduro's are race inspired bikes that have been adapted for road use. Since stickers naturally look good on race bikes, I think they look equally as good on the street versions, but I'm a colorful kinda guy, with nearly half my body real-estate covered in tattoos. I like color, others like it plain, so do what you like and enjoy it, and know that right next to you there's a kid in the back seat of a car with his mouth wide open.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gr8stdane
but I'm a colorful kinda guy, with nearly half my body real-estate covered in tattoos.
I suspect your tattoos aren't unpaid for advertisements for retail products.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I love the question "Am I a tool for adding stickers" LOL
I think hodge podge stickers look bad. One here one there. I have one set of shrouds that I put on when I know the bike will be hitting the dirt. Rides and races. These shrouds are broken and held together with zip ties, so stickers can only help.
Dan
Name:  ZwingleIAharescramble2010-11-146.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  135.4 KB
Name:  Picture1255.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  138.3 KB

Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Stickers are ok, I have a few, and remember every sticker adds 1 horsepower.

Quick Reply: Am I a tool for adding stickers?