After five fantastic years with the Green Monster, we part ways ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Default After five fantastic years with the Green Monster, we part ways ...

I sold her tonight to my best buddy and good riding buddy, so she is not gone!!

I picked up this guy:

It rips!!! So light too 218lbs dry. Six speed, fresh top end. It's a 2000 200EXC but looks like it was hardly ridden. Street plate, should be fun Can't wait to try it in the woods - I need to get proper tires on it!!!!

Old 04-26-2013, 01:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice score! That is mint for a 2000 and street legal!
Rode a 300 EXC and a 450 4T last summer. They are light, powerful, and well suspended machines. Of all the 2T I'm willing to buy, that one is at the top of the list.
Have fun on that thing!

Old 04-29-2013, 02:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Just went out for an hour ride.. On road, and a logging road through the forest (tires no good off road!)

WOW! that bike is so much fun!!!! It's like a high strung turbo motor - I frickin love it.. CAn't wait to get some proper tires on it!!!!! Speaking of which - I just ordered some Kenda Trakmaster II's from my local shop, should be here tomorrow. First ride of the season will be on Sunday... I will be starting the season at the very spot that ended my season last year.. And I'm going to take a leak on the tree that broke me. hahaha

Old 04-29-2013, 02:42 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

C'mon, CL...that's an apples-to-oranges deal if I ever saw one...LOL!

Yeah, those KTM200's are excellent bikes and maybe the best tool for hardcore offroad where technical, tighter riding is king. The fast, open deserts are the only place where they fall behind their bigger sibblings IMO. I'd love to have one for our club's riding ranch. It would kill out there. However, for the trip I'm leaving on in the morning for 2 weeks in southeastern Utah, my KLX250/300 is the superior tool for the job. A guy needs at least two bikes to cover the bare minimum of riding IMO...at least for me. I've been looking around for something like that KTM or even a clean KDX200 to fill out my ride list. Nice bike, CL.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
I've been looking around for... a clean KDX200 to fill out my ride list. Nice bike, CL.
The KDX would definitely be my dedicated off road bike if I had room in the garage and a way of hauling it to OHV areas! Excellent value, reasonable maintenance, and not too precious to flog!

Old 04-29-2013, 06:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
C'mon, CL...that's an apples-to-oranges deal if I ever saw one...LOL!

... However, for the trip I'm leaving on in the morning for 2 weeks in southeastern Utah, my KLX250/300 is the superior tool for the job. ....
Not to hijack the thread, but...

IIRC, there was talk of a early 2013 "Moab" trip on the forum last year. I never heard anything more after the talk about it died down. So, is this the trip you were planning way back when...???

Old 04-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

But...but.....LARRY!!!!! It's NOT GREEN!!!! We thought you were our friend!!!

(Looks good, dude.)

Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Sold my 200 last summer. Probably the greatest bike I've been on, but I use the KLX for different things...and wouldn't trade it for anything. Have fun in KTM land. Stop smiling

Old 04-30-2013, 12:35 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
Not to hijack the thread, but...

IIRC, there was talk of a early 2013 "Moab" trip on the forum last year. I never heard anything more after the talk about it died down. So, is this the trip you were planning way back when...???
Not sure about announcements, but this is the trip I take every year at this time to SE Utah.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah - 95% of my riding is woods single track, so I'm hoping this will be an ideal bike!

I dropped the rims off this morning to local shop to have the Trakmasters put on.. I bought from them and asked if they would throw in install free and they went for it.. Nice!

*MIGHT* go for a quick romp in the local woods tonight....

Quick Reply: After five fantastic years with the Green Monster, we part ways ...