acerbis handguards w/signals

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default acerbis handguards w/signals

hello everyone,

I'm new to thsi siye...looks great so far..here's my first post...I just finished installing acerbis handguards on my 06 klx250s. The handguards have the signal lites built in, but they cause the lites to blink much faster than stock lites..I know this is because the acerbis lites are 5 watts and oem are 23 watts. I bought GE921 lites that fit receptacle but not fit the lens. Is there a simpl solution to correct the quick flash? ie is there a heavy duty flasher available for the klx250..I had to replace the flasher on my car when I wired up a trailer..it also flashed quickly

[IMG]local://upfiles/5339/D00D63E10B2E41F6B227D94FB4A511BA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: acerbis handguards w/signals

Hey Man, yea I have those same ones, and I had to add a relay, but its cool because with the blinker switch it allows you to choose from 5 different flashes, including a stock slow signal. I don't have time to try and find it, but if you can wait until Sunday night I might be able to find it. Or you could use the search feature for fast blink or something like that. Good luck, and maybe someone here can help while I'm gone. Oh and the best part of the relay is that it plugs right in to the existing harness.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:56 PM
1st Gear Member

sounds great..i'll check back w/you later..I have to work all week-end anyway....thanks

Old 05-04-2007, 08:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Here it is I just couldn't stand it LOL good luck man. http://www.trickflasher.com/2005/RC_4.htm

Old 05-08-2007, 04:01 AM
1st Gear Member

thanks deej..I sent an e-mail to that site, but haven't heard back yet. $45 seems a little steep, but it's definately an option worth considering.. thanks, again

Old 05-08-2007, 04:14 AM
1st Gear Member

No problem, I like to use the quick flash with a slow one on the end for night riding, and the standard slow during the day, I think it makes them stand out a little better respectively. And its so easy to change using you turn button.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:27 AM
1st Gear Member

how does that work anyway... how do you change from one rate to another?

Old 05-08-2007, 07:03 AM
1st Gear Member

The way you change to one of the 5 choices, is to hit the turn signal to the left or the right real fast twice. If you want to go back to the standard slow blink then you hit the turn signal three times. Kind of hard to explain, but its real easy.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:51 PM
1st Gear Member

The digital flashers like Deej is taking about are the best way to go. Some people buy resistors that approximate the load of their original bulbs to slow the flashing, but that subtracts all of the energy savings that the LED's bring you.

Plus, I think it's cool to be able to vary you flash rate. Now if they could just make a plug-n-play turn signal buzzer for people like me who forget to cancel their blinkers too often. [8D]

Old 05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Quick Reply: acerbis handguards w/signals