Acerbis dual sport taillight for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 07:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Acerbis dual sport taillight for sale

I have a brand new taillight just bought can't return PM me with any offers thanks

Old 04-20-2007, 07:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Acerbis dual sport taillight for sale

I already have one, but I'm modding it with a Brake LED! taillight for a KLR-650, and I'll be posting my pics shortly. So if you're interested (Deej, are you out there?), contact DIITW and make an offer.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

deej already has that taillight...... so do i..... i bought a 1157 bulb replacement led bulb and it fit and works fine.... like this

Old 04-20-2007, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

The socket is at an angle so the bulb doesn't point straight back. Is it close enough, though? And how does that LED module do for illuminating the license plate? Also, does that LED module blink, or is it just a straight bulb replacment? (Brand / Part # / Link?).

BTW - The reason I'm moddingthe Acerbis lightis that I already have the Brake! unit, and I'd rather notgive it up.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Sent you a pm hopefully we can make a deal.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:06 PM

Here are a couple of other options along the same lines as Eric's LED assembly. These are available from www.superbrightleds.com.

1157-R24 Red LED bulb
Super Red 24-LED 12VDC replacement bulb
15mm Dual Intensity Bayonet Base
Unique Design has 18 LEDs aiming out the end and 6 radially mounted LEDs aiming 90 degrees from the base
Available with Narrow 15 degree or Wide 100 degree Angle LEDs
$ 7.29

1157-R30 Red LED bulb
Super Red 30-LED 12VDC replacement bulb
15mm Dual Intensity Bayonet Base
With 30 Narrow Viewing Angle LEDS
$ 8.99

I would think the 24-LED version, with the 6 side oriented LEDS would still give you enough downward illumination to work for the license plate light. I don't have either one of these yet, but I am thinking about getting both and seeing which one works best. If someone else wants to be the guinea pig, though, I won't complain.

BTW, there is a pretty good writeup on the website about LEDs in taillight/brakelight applications and what makes for good illumination and what doesn't. Here is a link to that section of their site. Also, here is another interesting pageon their site about why you need to add a resistor inline with some LED applications.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Iran acrossthose, too, and I thought at that price, its a no-brainer, but I think there would be a problem with the Acerbis tail light because the bulbactually touches thelens ... those LED units look bigger than a bulb, so they wouldn't fit.

They'd be a great replacment in the stock taillight, though, and a LOT cheaper than the Brake! unit.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY

Iran acrossthose, too, and I thought at that price, its a no-brainer, but I think there would be a problem with the Acerbis tail light because the bulbactually touches thelens ... those LED units look bigger than a bulb, so they wouldn't fit.

They'd be a great replacment in the stock taillight, though, and a LOT cheaper than the Brake! unit.
The bulb touches the lense??? I havent looked that close.... well i can say that the first one in chris's post will fit. Thats the one igot, fits fine. Is plenty bright enough. Looks like chris made the same mistake i did... we dont needa red bulb, it needs to be white. Im thinking the white will be a little brighter than the red bulb... need the white for the plate (if your running the acerbis light) I thaught it was kinda funny, you think brake light and you think red... but the lense is red...lol. It works good though. I would definately reccommend it. I keep breaking the filaments in a regular bulb thats why i went with one of these. I think i might take the red back and get a white one though.... i got mine at pep boys, most places like that would probably have a led bulb replacement. just remember #1157

Old 04-21-2007, 01:43 PM

Actually the info on the superbrightleds.com side indicates that you should match the LED color to the lens color. The idea is LEDs emit a certain amount of total radiation (visible light) regardless of which wavelength(s) they are "tuned" to emit. That is to say that a red LED emits about the same amount of energy as a white LED. The difference being that the energy from the red LED is focused on a more narrow band of wavelengths. If you use a white LED with a red lens, the lens filters out most or all of the non-red wavelengths, so you still end up with a red light, but you have less energy passing through, so your net brightness is less with a white LED versus a red one. I haven't ordered mine yet, but I will be going with a red LED.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

what about the white needed for the plate? Im not worried about that but its something to think about.

Quick Reply: Acerbis dual sport taillight for sale