?????????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:52 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default ?????????????

Am I missing something here? How much is a new bike in the dealership?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/mcy/702868389.html

Old 06-01-2008, 03:05 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: ?????????????

He probably is asking for everything back including sales tax, registration, accessories, and anything else he can think of like dealer prep and delivery charges.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:07 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Uhh yea about that. [8D]

Old 06-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

I don't know but that red sure is friggin sweet and I'm so darn glad I got one in my garage with all necessary mods finally worked out. man the red is sweet, just the whole '09 design is a beautiful thing.
he does need to drop the price to around $4500 though. it's a used bike whether or not it has miles or not. maybe he should ask the dealer to rewind the deal.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:20 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

I don't know but that red sure is friggin sweet and I'm so darn glad I got one in my garage with all necessary mods finally worked out. man the red is sweet, just the whole '09 design is a beautiful thing.
he does need to drop the price to around $4500 though. it's a used bike whether or not it has miles or not. maybe he should ask the dealer to rewind the deal.
Sorry but, the 06 & 07 in green look way sweeter. They look like MX bikes. the 09 looks more like a toy. I also hate digital displays. Analog is better looking in every way. Of course mine's still all stock so your red one will probably pull away from me in most situations. I honestly think Kawi should have focused on a better mix of on/off road. Better Factory exhaust, better air flow, better Carb, Kenda tires. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but even if the '09 looks better, Kawi should have changed the important stuff. Can you immagine a stock '09 beating a fully modded '07? That's how I would have rolled with the changes.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I would say the same people who designed the KLR, would have had an influence on the KLX.
More streetable looking, a "fresh" new look to attract buyers.
And just like the KLR, some people love it, some people hate it, some people are on the fence.

I'm a little on the fence, Like the headlight, digital guage, signal lights are nice for DOT.

I don't get the rear fender though. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed an off road fender to look like that. Can that lisence plate assembly be even taken off? It looks like it IS the fender.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gerrynolan

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

Sorry but, the 06 & 07 in green look way sweeter. They look like MX bikes. the 09 looks more like a toy. I also hate digital displays. Analog is better looking in every way. Of course mine's still all stock so your red one will probably pull away from me in most situations. I honestly think Kawi should have focused on a better mix of on/off road. Better Factory exhaust, better air flow, better Carb, Kenda tires. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but even if the '09 looks better, Kawi should have changed the important stuff. Can you immagine a stock '09 beating a fully modded '07? That's how I would have rolled with the changes.
you need to read this and then tell me how the new '09 isn't designed for the off-road. Your wishlist of performance upgrades would have put the price at the new WR range which kawi did NOT want. The new '09 will beat a stock '06 as I've had both and the '09 is more responsive. Everyone thought the new '09 would be a step backwards with it's lowered susp. travel, nothing is further than the truth. It's a non-issue and the susp. is actually a lot better and more controlled. The digital display is accurate and you don't have to guesstimate your speed like the analogs. I loved my '06, but the whole design is circa 1994 and that bothered me at times. The headlight is the kicker but I agree on the rear fender of the '09, it is ugly but I really don't notice it anymore as the rest of the bike is gorgeous and up to date as far as styling. The seat, new matte-black metallic tank, shrouds and headlight all work together to create a really cool look. The black metal components and fasteners are little things that also look cool. I know everyone has different likes, but let's not say how the new KLX is not as off-road oriented anymore just because it LOOKS less mx-ish.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...305&Page=1

Old 06-02-2008, 04:37 PM
1st Gear Member

mine was 5200 taxes title helmet googles 4800 was the selling price

Old 06-02-2008, 09:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Riight IG. The 09' has same motor, nothing extra special.. But somehow it's more responsive. Think maby it's in your head?
I would bet my bike, that if for whatever reason you went from an 09' to an 06'-07', you would think the exact opposite....
It might have something to do with the fact that you havn't rode a KLX (I'm assuming) since you last owned one over a year ago (not sure exactly, but you never had one when I came around). You had a DRZ in between, and now the KLX.

How could you guage such minimal power differences? You CONSTANTLY make claims like this, and is why everyone takes your opinion and throws it out the window. No one seems to respect you or value your opinion for as long as it takes to read that sentence... Your full of BS..

Lets see "printed proof!!"
Einstein

Old 06-02-2008, 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Iggy, If Kawi made it's gotta be good. I'm just saying that the 07 looks more MX'ish. I bet Kawi spent a ton on the redesign. I just think that they had a great look already and should have changed more mechanical/functional/performance items. I don't think any can disagree with me on that point. It's not that the Klx isn't a great bike performance wise but it is clear that everyone wants more . I wish I had some extra coin to put on a full Muzzy or even a slip-on but I still love my KLX in stock trim. It does all i want it to except pull wheelies without abusing the clutch. It's all opinion, no right no wrong.