2013 KLX250S on the Kawasaki USA website

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Default 2013 KLX250S on the Kawasaki USA website

Kawasaki finally put the 2013 KLX250S on the web today. I'm really dissapointed it's not fuel injected. In fact, I emailed Kawasaki a year ago saying I would gladly pay a little more for it to be fuel injected. I live 3 miles from work. I've had motorcycles in the past and have always hated having to choke a bike and letting it warm up before taking off or leaving work. I really like the ergonomics of the KLX250S, but the upcoming fuel injected Honda CRF250L is making this a hard choice.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

honda is trying to get the new 250 to the customer at $4600 which should be a sales success vs. the higher priced yam. They cheapened up in a few area's but think it will still be more bike than the unchanged klx.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Only the plastics changed.
Kawasaki.

Can't wait for a shoot out with the newer Honda though.

Last edited by Pogiboy; 07-10-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

I guess i haven't seen one of these bikes that you can just fire up and ride away. All of my buddies bikes with FI still run pretty crappy until they are warmed up a good bit.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

+1, many buds have wr=r yamaha and all have disabled 1/2 the technology and have bought tuners for the computer. also big tank options are pricey.

the FI huskys I ride with haven't impressed much either.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:37 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RimBender
honda is trying to get the new 250 to the customer at $4600 which should be a sales success vs. the higher priced yam. They cheapened up in a few area's but think it will still be more bike than the unchanged klx.
Not really. The Honda is going for a wider market. It won't have as much off road potential as the KLX, but anyone who counts money and units over full potential will correctly pick the field that most people fall into...the commute, pleasure ride, and occasional dirt or fire road. For those categories the Honda's higher weight and less travel won't be a big issue. The category of bike that will do the commute, the pleasure ride, and some decently gnarly off road as a priority is quite small. It costs a little more money to accomplish that, and Honda doesn't think the market is big enough. From a bean counter perspective, that's probably correct.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Bright White has got to be the slowest KLX250S ever.

Attached Thumbnails 2013 KLX250S on the Kawasaki USA website-bright-white-small-.jpg  
Old 07-10-2012, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member

i got to play with a honda at a press release my friend got me into and i it was ok it will be a better supermotard type bikr than a woods weapon like the klx but the response was good just too low slung for my taste if you buy it be ready to be dragging the case over every obstacle and its way undervalved for more serious off road

Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lotrat
Bright White has got to be the slowest KLX250S ever.
The new green scheme didn't impress me either. Kind of hodge podge

Old 07-10-2012, 03:10 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by toyotabuilder
i got to play with a honda at a press release my friend got me into and i it was ok it will be a better supermotard type bikr than a woods weapon like the klx but the response was good just too low slung for my taste if you buy it be ready to be dragging the case over every obstacle and its way undervalved for more serious off road
Yeah, I think the engine appears to be the bright spot on this new Honda. The frame, suspension, and weight are the underwhelming factors for my type of use. The price will draw many riders who just don't need or want higher off road potential.

Quick Reply: 2013 KLX250S on the Kawasaki USA website