2010 klx250s forsale

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 01:16 PM
1st Gear Member

You were lucky as I and alot of people like me refuse to pay more for a bike because it has this or that. I've seen many bikes go unsold due to too high a price for some farkles that could have been removed and sold individually.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Kawi has this thing where they sell off old (NEW) inventory around the March timeframe each year. I would not be surprised if they offer the same deal I got on my '09, for '10's this coming March. Got mine for $3499, new, '09, 0 miles, 1 year warranty.

Having said that; you would do better to follow the advice others have offered, and sell it stock. No buyer will actually pay you for the extras... that's why they are called "extras". ;-)

Old 11-15-2011, 02:12 PM

Once again thanks for all the feed back. I guess i will let the mice ride it around the garage while I rip it up on a KTM. I was not in my right mind when I bought this nut-less wounder. Thanks again.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fishman
Once again thanks for all the feed back. I guess i will let the mice ride it around the garage while I rip it up on a KTM. I was not in my right mind when I bought this nut-less wounder. Thanks again.
Nut-less wonder? only when you're not on it!!! LOL Just kidding man, good luck and enjoy the bike that you like.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fishman
Yep, if there was no 351 kit I'd have sold the bike a long time ago!

Good luck.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:17 PM
1st Gear Member

"You were lucky as I and alot of people like me refuse to pay more for a bike because it has this or that. I've seen many bikes go unsold due to too high a price for some farkles that could have been removed and sold individually"

Yes, there are many buyers like you and I heard from some wanting me to lower my price. But, like I said, someone that knows what all this stuff costs will pay it. when I'm shopping for a used bike I look for one that already has luggage, a good seat, good bars, etc. so I don't have to pay full price for that stuff. I find it hard to belive that if someone here crashed and totalled their bike wouldn't be willing to pay a reasonable extra amount for a replacement that already had most of the stuff they would add to a bare bike after buying one.

BTW, I had someone wanting to buy all my farkles at 1/2 price if I wanted to take them off the bike. I told him I would consider it if the bike didn't sell in a reasonable time.

Norm

Old 11-15-2011, 03:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Hmmm..I never will or understand someone that buys a bike puts some nice add ons than turns and sells it..and takes a bath..and wonders why..For the record these are great bikes,with plenty of power for a 250...

Old 11-16-2011, 07:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by azdeuce
Hmmm..I never will or understand someone that buys a bike puts some nice add ons than turns and sells it..and takes a bath..and wonders why..For the record these are great bikes,with plenty of power for a 250...
I agree, considering the bike weighs almost 300 lbs. wet it doesnt do bad in the power department. Also the motors are built to run forever. plus you know what they say about ktm's [Kick for Ten Minutes] bahahahaha jk!

Old 11-16-2011, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Member

^ Exactly, KTM's are everywhere here for somereason in my area... (maybe its just me idk, damn rich college kids lol).

However, I never realized how much work they actually were or how much they actually cost to maintian till my buddy whos assistant to the university motorcycle club at my college started talking to me about his ktm 525... made me alot more relieved I ended up with my kawi, even if i had got a good deal on one I would have been ticked about the maintenance costs these KTM owners find normal.

So while they rebuild at 10k... ill just ride on by :-)

Old 11-16-2011, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

IMHO I'd pay more for a bike in stock condition without a bunch of crap on it.

I don't like getting a bike that I know someone has been in there wrenching on it......F'ing things up. Sorry but a lot of people aren't mechanical and have no clue what they are doing.
Then I can add the options that I want, not what someone else wants and your stuck with.

Quick Reply: 2010 klx250s forsale