2007 Kawasaki KLX 250 For SALE

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:05 AM
why
Default RE: 2007 Kawasaki KLX 250 For SALE

gerrynolan-

where did you pick yours up? I am in charlotte, trying to decide about a leftover '06 or go with the '07.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:08 AM

Iowa guy, relax. My last reply was not meant to bash on Iowa. I’ve there once about 12 years ago for Jr. Olympics and actually had a great time. Good people. I was merely stating the facts of inflation in different states. I give you credit for backing up your state, but the last I heard we were at war with Iraq and not each other If you ever decide on coming to Seattle, I’ll show you around. I’m sorry, I didn’t understand the sp?

Old 09-25-2007, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jernierivera
Iowa guy, relax. My last reply was not meant to bash on Iowa. I’ve there once about 12 years ago for Jr. Olympics and actually had a great time. Good people. I was merely stating the facts of inflation in different states. I give you credit for backing up your state, but the last I heard we were at war with Iraq and not each other If you ever decide on coming to Seattle, I’ll show you around. I’m sorry, I didn’t understand the sp?
Welcome to the forum jernierivera, don't let Iowa get under your skin, he lives in his small little world and has difficulty seeing beyond that. I'd be willing to bet he does not have a passport and has never left the states.

What's the sales tax in Washington? Here in S. Fl it's 6.5%. I paid $4200 for the bike off the internet about 1.5 years ago. I then had to pay $250 to get it shipped to me in my swamp. (could not buy local) Then tagged the bike and paid tax. So I paid $4,723 plus the price of the tag which was ~$50.

If I sell the bike, which I won't, the buyer will have to pay tax and tag also. So if I could sell my bike for $4K I would be real happy......however my bike has 5,300 well beaten miles on it so that price would be a pipe dream.

Why are you selling?

Old 09-25-2007, 03:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Ummm Alaska is a state and part of the US

Canada and Bahamas don't count.....no passport required until this year.

BTW I grew up in the Bahamas and Caribbean ona Sailboat. France sucks but one visit is mandatory. Egypt is awsome (very humbling) but it is not as safe as it used to bebut there areplenty of rental bikes . If ya go to Italy expect your wife to get her a$$ pinched by the locals and watch your daughters like a hawk..... otherwise it is awesome.

With the current value of the dollar (or lack there of) Panama, Costa Rica and Brazil are still great family getaways......especially Brazil. Chile is still cheapish.

This fall I'm going to visit my Grandma in Germany and renting a bike and going East, never been to Poland and the Chek Repub. Traveling is the best gift you can give your kids.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:21 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

While I don't know real estate in Seattle, I don't care to. Why would I want to live in a climate where it rains daily, houses are through the roof pricewise, and their football team sucks? Iowa is a regular on being the top place in the country to go to school, work, raise a family, etc.

aalegado-
I hate to say it, but you got took on the price of your bike. I paid $4675 otd for my '06 in April 2006. I sold it for $4200 a year later on ebay. I hate to say it, but naivety comes into play here on your part. You'll probably take offense to that, but that's your perrogative (sp?). I didn't mean any. It's a fact of life and we all learn from it. Dealer fees, prep charges, surging title/licensing fees are just money in the pocket for the dealer. You act like you want the bike, they'll bend you over and act as your tongue for a few mins. All that matters though is you like your bike.
Actually, IG, I don't take offense at what you say. I would be lying if I said that my own naivete didn't play a factor...I've got no problem admitting it. As you say, it's a fact of life and as the first bike I've bought retail, it had to be a learning experience. You definitely got your bike for less than I did. Maybe I can do as well on the next bike I buy new.

Your final point is the most important: I do like this bike. A lot.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:47 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

While I don't know real estate in Seattle, I don't care to. Why would I want to live in a climate where it rains daily, houses are through the roof pricewise, and their football team sucks? Iowa is a regular on being the top place in the country to go to school, work, raise a family, etc.
Yep, yep and what? 2 out of 3 aint bad, but you needent be so flippant there, little buddy. Try division champs in 2004, NFC champs in 2005 and taking the Bears to overtime with a M*A*S*H unit in the 2006 divisional play-off game. Not to mention that gift of a Superbowl handed to Pittsburg and Jerome 'golly I'd love to have a Lombardi Tropy before I retire' Bettis by the zebras and back judge who was from where? Oh yeah, Pittsburg!

What's Iowa's pro teamagain. Oh yeah, I forgot;you don't have one!

Old 09-25-2007, 05:56 AM
1st Gear Member

The KLX250 seems to be my speed (right now) since I'm a total noob in the dirt. From what I've read on this board and others, it's a great starter machine but still others say it's a good all around machine as long as your street expectations are suitably restrained. I'm sure I'll outgrow this bike but who's to say when that'll be? I'm a "late-bloomer" as far as getting into riding (just turned 39 and my motorcycle endorsement is only a few month old) so, if anything, I'll be doing things slowly for a while. That and the fact that things don't heal as fast as they used to so I proceed with more caution than a younger man would.

The Husky TE's were on my list but they were too pricey to seriously consider. TE250 does look sweet as do it's larger siblings. How do the 450, 510, and 610 stack up for you? Or are you talking about 250cc machines only? Are there any Japanese home-market bikes that come close? What about in the European market?

Quick Reply: 2007 Kawasaki KLX 250 For SALE