2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Default RE: 2 questions

Finger Mullet.... I have the exact carrier that's on the Dodge in the pic. It's ok, but if I had to do it again I would get the one where the tie-downs are in front of the bike, not down to the side. The tie-downs rub on the plastic pretty hard. Keith

Old 09-16-2006, 02:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Deej its 7:15 over here in florida, that makes it 4:15 your time..... are you posting on the internet on university time. [8D]

Besides theres no water in Iowa.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:25 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klxstiffler

Finger Mullet.... I have the exact carrier that's on the Dodge in the pic. It's ok, but if I had to do it again I would get the one where the tie-downs are in front of the bike, not down to the side. The tie-downs rub on the plastic pretty hard. Keith

Cool, which one would you get if ya could do it over, I saw some that didn't use staps but instead a U shaped metal foam thing that loops over the seat. Please provide us your experienced opinion.

Edit I just realized my post appeared a little krase.... its not cool you don't like what you bought.......but which one would you get next time.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:54 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Hey Deej its 7:15 over here in florida, that makes it 4:15 your time..... are you posting on the internet on university time. [8D]

Besides theres no water in Iowa.
Nope actually I was running late and worked over by 40 minutes, I usually get off work at 4:00 every day so there And since I don't get overtime it was actually my time.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

I really don't mess with boats but some of my friends do they have Bayliners and some have the $500,000 off shore boats but I have heard them call Bay liners "BayLitter" I think that is kinda harsh some guys can't aford a High dollar boat and they buy what they can aford...... I would of liked a KTM but didn't want to spend 2 or 3 times what my KLX cost......

Old 09-16-2006, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bad Bear

I really don't mess with boats but some of my friends do they have Bayliners and some have the $500,000 off shore boats but I have heard them call Bay liners "BayLitter" I think that is kinda harsh some guys can't aford a High dollar boat and they buy what they can aford...... I would of liked a KTM but didn't want to spend 2 or 3 times what my KLX cost......

Baylitter huh, Thats funny I never heard that. You know, When I look at this thread I think change the word's around just a little and you got a Sporty bashing thread or a Klx bashing thread or a (insert here) bashing thread. It Dont matter what you ride/drive/fly, There will Always be someone having something better and looking down thier nose at you. So F*** Em....

For the record I dont own a Baylitter, I mean Bayliner. hahahahaha

LV

Old 09-16-2006, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh boy, Deej was right. I'm deleting my post Bayliners are great, but I would like to know more about the motorcycle carrier.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:53 AM

Isnt Bayliner a t.v. show with pamela lee anderson and about lifeguards

Old 09-16-2006, 04:41 AM
1st Gear Member

I bought the aluminum e-bay one. I haul it with my F150 and its fine. Hitch weight is weight at the hitch ball. The hitch ball is typically half way to the ramp on this thing. I don’t argue with the overall logic of the math presented however.

I weighed my KLX and its 300# ready to ride. One thing I did was to buy some GOOD ratcheting tie downs with loop straps. I like the center hold down better. All hold downs pull to the center. Seems better than pulling the machine off the ramp when the opposite end straps bail.

I also made a safety chain. It holds the rack to the truck using the safety chain loop and then holds the foot peg to the rack. It is loose, but short enough to hold the rack in the receiver if the pin is missing and hold the bike tires on the rack. It all worked better than I imagined when I took a long trip recently.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:47 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Hey, I've got a Bayliner !!

Yeah, I know it... It's the Chevy Sprint of boats.

(Hey, I drive a Chevy Sprint! JK )

Quick Reply: 2 questions