1st ride with KK 330, Michelin AC-10s

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 04:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Default 1st ride with KK 330, Michelin AC-10s

I managed to get off work barely early enough today to get my KLX back from the Kawi dealer, finally, it's been there too long, had to get my baby back. The Kustom Kraft 330cc kit and Michelin AC-10s were installed.

It's only a 4-5 mile drive home from there, and I just drove straight home. It was getting dark. The enigine felt more robust. Whenever I cranked the throttle it felt like I was in a gear lower than what I actually was. Didn't try any wheelies, too much traffic. Some fuktard in a green Pontiac or Olds was tailgating me for some unknown reason the last mile or so home. Have no idea what his problem was, I stayed in the same lane the whole way back, stayed with the flow of traffic, and was about 5 mph over the speed limit, more that that if youy believe the speedometer. At the last trafiic light before my house the light turned red well before I got there, so I stopped for it, and of course the fuktard behind me blasted his horn like I did something wrong, which I didn't. I could see him making some motions of some sort in his car, not quite sure if he was shaking his fist or something. I was just so happy to have my bike back that I wasn't paying much attention to him. After the light turned green, I went through the intersection and turned right into the parking lot of a bar that is caddy-corner from my house, that is my usual line of travel. Right as I was pulling in, the fuktard drove by, beed his horn, and gave me the finger for abou 4 seconds. I am totally oblivious to what could have angered him so much.

I instantly got mad myself, and almost waved for him to come back and settle it. But another part of me was thinking about how hard I worked to get done at work early enough to pick up my bike, and how nice it was to be riding it again. I thought maybe I shouldn't let someone else ruin my plans. Besides, there is a police station right across the street. Probably a good idea to keep my boiling testosterone under control. Anyway, that was my first encounter with a jerk that seems to hate bikers for no apparent reason.

The Michelin AC-10s are a lot worse on the street than the stock tires, but that is not their forte. I think they will make up for it in the morning when I hit the trails. I'll post my opinion later on Sunday after the ride.

Here is the latest pic I took after I got it home.
Name:  IMG_0689.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  189.6 KB

Old 01-04-2009, 05:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Theres idiots everywhere, you did the right thing keeping your cool. Have a great time with your "new" bike

Old 01-04-2009, 05:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Please for the love of god gt that thing dirty.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:00 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Or keep it clean, there's nothing wrong with clean.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:16 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

sweet tires, are they dot? now all you need to do is delete your rear mudflap and raise the bike up to pre '09 levels like I plan to do this spring.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaverickAus
Theres idiots everywhere, you did the right thing keeping your cool. Have a great time with your "new" bike
Yep, unfortunately every single one of us who do some street riding will have to deal with baffoons like that from time to time. In my younger days I probably would have went back after the guy to resolve the issue, now that I'm older I find it easier to reel in the testosterone when needed. Oh, I forgot to mention that earlier on the ride home someone cut me off very closely, not even using a turn signal. I'm also very careful around bbikers when I'm in my car.

Originally Posted by kgwld1
Please for the love of god gt that thing dirty.
The dirt will fly today if the weather cooperates.

Originally Posted by deej
Or keep it clean, there's nothing wrong with clean.
Nothing wrong with clean, unless it stays clean for too long.

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
sweet tires, are they dot? now all you need to do is delete your rear mudflap and raise the bike up to pre '09 levels like I plan to do this spring.
Yes, they are DOT approved, they must be all the way at the dirt end of the spectrum. I also plan to clean up the back end this spring, would look much better.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm using AC10's. They'll treat you good.
Congrats on the 330 kit too. Jealous.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member
Default first ride

Nice looking bike saving up for a big bore kit myself. As far as the ftard these days its best to ignore as best you can, never no who's packing heat and going to go Postal on ya, in my older days I would have run up beside him and kicked his mirrors off, Ah the good old days.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys, I'm kind off bummed out right now, the weather in sucking. It's been raining and is very foggy. It is 37 degrees F here at 9:54 am local time. If it stops raining for a couple of hours I'll go for the trail ride and post a report. I sure want to get a ride in today, winter weather is the forecast for the rest of the week. I guess I'll play some video games or something while I wait for things to clear up. For now the ride is on hold/ in standby mode.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:59 PM
1st Gear Member

AC-10's are a good tire, you wont be disappointed!

Flood,

Quick Reply: 1st ride with KK 330, Michelin AC-10s