12 o'clock boys

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 03:20 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 12 o'clock boys

I figured you guys would appreciate this vid. It's a gang called the 12 o'clock boys. They are from Baltimore. I'm not into gangs but this ones pretty cool lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAMB8...=youtube_gdata

Old 08-13-2010, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member

HMMMM a little bit of wheelie riding talent in there, and a lot of irresponsible riding in there. Most of that crap is what turns the non riding public off to dirt bikes. I bet it's a pain riding a street legal KLX down the road in Baltimore. Most cops don't know which dirt bikes are street legal, and which ones aren't. One thing I will agree with is that the city should obviously look into a public riding area.
Dan

Last edited by dan888; 08-13-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:21 AM
1st Gear Member

im down for it, but atleast put a helmet on. if the city doesnt give them a place to ride, f@#% it, ride in the street. atleast there riding bikes and not smoking crack or gang banging.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
im down for it, but atleast put a helmet on. if the city doesnt give them a place to ride, f@#% it, ride in the street. atleast there riding bikes and not smoking crack or gang banging.
Hold it a minute, let's look at this reasoning. Why does the City of Baltimore OWE these guys a place to ride? Does your city provide one for you? Didn't think so.

Let's say the city does provide a place. Did you see a single street legal bike in that vid? How are they going to get to this place. On the street, that's how. And I'm sure once they arrived they would be the model of decorum. Please. The legal liability alone would be staggering.

Looks to me like one of the primary appeals for these guys is the lawless aspect. Right there in their motto at the end of the vid........... "Above the Law". Catchy motto and reflects the attitude these guys have.

Gotta agree with your last statement though. In terms of general criminal behavior this activity is waaaaaay down on the threat to society meter. Since the only piece of protective gear I saw was a pair of gloves I have to believe these guys are a mortal threat primarily to themselves (and maybe the occasional stray pedestrian as well). One guy said it pretty well - if you're riding on the street and go down, it's on you. Survival of the fittest, law of the jungle - Darwin is on duty 24/7 for these guys.

Still...... Some of those guys are pretty damned good at their chosen specialty and are pretty entertaining to watch. Too bad jerkin' "the man" around is so central to their identity, otherwise my reaction would be total fascination that the dirt bike scene is such a big part of so many peoples lives....