Old 01-26-2008, 03:50 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 09 KLX Pic's

Handguards?

Old 01-26-2008, 04:14 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Beaver
He said that it was styled a little more after the KX performance wise. He claimed thata stock09 model will perform like the 07withmods.
ROFLMAO not with that pipe, take a look at the pics, the exhaust outlet is smaller than my pinki....just like earlier klx's......unfortunately. But call him on it ..... does he still have an 07 klx .... ride both and tell us the difference stock.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:28 AM
1st Gear Member

am i the only one that gets the uncontrollable urge to grab a hacksaw lookin at the plate mount?

Old 01-26-2008, 04:36 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea if the crooked kickstand is all I hate I think they are doing pretty good still.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:04 AM
IG

Hey redbrd- thanks for posting these pictures. I've been waiting a long time to see a photo of a red one that isn't a corporate pic. All I have seen/found are pics of green ones. I really appreciate it.
As far as that red one, I love that color scheme. I will have one of them asap in my garage. As far as someone asking about the forks, they're the same diameter just with suppposedly better internal valving. Looks like the tank is flat black to match the other black metals like the triple tree and other metals on the bike. I do not like the huge rear fender. As far as disliking anything else, I really accept the bike and it has grown on me. The front fender I really wasn't sure about last September but after seeing it here and in the brochure it looks to be a new rugged look to me and according to you too. I know they took away some travel, but really by looking at these pics you couldn't tell if you weren't looking for it and even then you can't really tell. I like the new handlebar bend and the digital dash rules in my book. I like the new seat/tank meeting and design. I also like it that the front forks stop at the axle and not continue down like '90's style inverted KX forks. That always bugged me about my KLX. The front brake routing is far and away better once the line is flipped inside the front fork like the KTM's- nice suggestion btw Brian. I like the new bike, but I also like the old one. I'd be happy with an '07 but I'd always wish I'd gotten the new design and that's just what I plan on doing. I also like the decontenting of the oem hand guards, I hated them and had them off within the first week. The new bike could really handle losing all the reflectors like the '06 and '07 had.
Thanks again for the pics. You really don't know how much I appreciate it.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:12 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

Hey redbird- thanks for posting these pictures. I've been waiting a long time to see a photo of a red one that isn't a corporate pic. All I have seen/found are pics of green ones. I really appreciate it.
As far as that red one, I love that color scheme. I will have one of them asap in my garage. As far as someone asking about the forks, they're the same diameter just with supposedly better internal valving. Looks like the tank is flat black to match the other black metals like the triple tree and other metals on the bike. I do not like the huge rear fender. As far as disliking anything else, I really accept the bike and it has grown on me. The front fender I really wasn't sure about last September but after seeing it here and in the brochure it looks to be a new rugged look to me and according to you too. I know they took away some travel, but really by looking at these pics you couldn't tell if you weren't looking for it and even then you can't really tell. I like the new handlebar bend and the digital dash rules in my book. I like the new seat/tank meeting and design. I also like it that the front forks stop at the axle and not continue down like '90's style inverted KX forks. That always bugged me about my KLX. The front brake routing is far and away better once the line is flipped inside the front fork like the Ktm- nice suggestion BTW Brian. I like the new bike, but I also like the old one. I'd be happy with an '07 but I'd always wish I'd gotten the new design and that's just what I plan on doing. I also like the decontenting of the oem hand guards, I hated them and had them off within the first week. The new bike could really handle losing all the reflectors like the '06 and '07 had.
Thanks again for the pics. You really don't know how much I appreciate it.
I told my son i had to get a picture of the red one for IG.........he called me a geek.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:58 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jsac

am i the only one that gets the uncontrollable urge to grab a hacksaw lookin at the plate mount?
not I was thinking it would be quite necessary after the reflector caught on fire.....
Yep I also wanted to comment on the brake line and the width of the rear plate mount.....other than that ...it seems pretty much the same...Oh wait...a different swingarm for sure with GAY adjusters that break after they sieze in there......they make a "swingarm buddy" just for this...heck they even provide the drill bit for you....
Whoe ever gets one in the NE PA region please mod the heck out of it so we can do a woods run ....I'd really like to see what it will do...more than likley not much better than the '07.and i can guaranteee the street use won't be much better....if it is i'll buy lunch and a bunch of beers at the end of the day if it is.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:02 AM
1st Gear Member

oh yeah....also notice no fins to funnel the air into the radiators.....I hope they have them on the production models.....no handguards either (even though mine went in the trash)......that display also won't last long with a key tag slapping around on it either......
[:'(]

Old 01-26-2008, 12:41 PM
cls
1st Gear Member

What kind of a rookie leaves his/her key tag on his solo bike key? Don't you know you gotta' keep that stuff clean?

Old 01-26-2008, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Didn't someone previously make the comment that they had gotten the front brake line out of the sight line of the gauge cluster? Looks to me like it's in the same place, ... maybe a little more so.

Quick Reply: 09 KLX Pic's