07 water pump issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 01:31 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 07 water pump issues

so i've been getting some "seapage" out of the seep hole under the water pump. I guess its a cavity that lets anything drain out if either the pump seal or the case seal goes. and it seems to be seaping out some oil. But the thing that makes me think other wise is theres some white crap on the top of the oil... milky if you will. not a huge amount, but enought to be cautious about it.

so i went to the dealer, and asked if it was under warranty. he said it should be but he thinks i've only got a 6 month warranty. i thought they all came with a standard 1 year... (gotta go dig up some bike papers) then i said i'd have to change some stuff before it comes back in, the CC KRC and such... he said dont worrie about it, hes not concerned unless i've done something inside the engine case its self. hopefully this wont be too expensive...

anyone else have this problem or anything similar yet?
(oh and i bought the bike new in 07 in august, and its got just about 10,000 miles)

Old 04-21-2008, 01:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 07 water pump issues

Milky water usually means a head gasket!
Any pressure back through the expansion bottle when she's warmed up?
[sm=itsok.gif]

Old 04-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

It has a 1 year warranty on it... from kawi.... and you shouldnt have to pay for that. Good luck... milky oil is not good.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:03 PM
1st Gear Member

milky white is oil mixed with coolant... u do the math[:@]

Old 04-22-2008, 11:48 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah i figured if it goes in dark and comes out light, theres something wrong for sure.... great! oh well, goes in the shop on thrusday, have it back in a week or so, i'll be back with results, thanks for the heads up. at least i wont faint when the guy tells me i'm screwed.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

With the water pump design, if the seal fails, coolant will enter the case. Not likely a head gasket.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WestOzKLX

Milky water usually means a head gasket!
Any pressure back through the expansion bottle when she's warmed up?
[sm=itsok.gif]

Old 04-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Pie, sorry to hear about the water pump. Hopefully they will have it back to sooner and in better condition that Eric's (EMS) bike. We are heading into the season where bikes should not be in the shop.

On a side note, when are we getting a ride and performance report on the Smurf Tony? You change bikes more that I change underwear.......wait that can't be right..can it?[8D][8D][8D]

Old 04-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

the KLX has a one-year unlimited mileage warranty. you shouldn't have to pay for squat. If you do, you're a sucker. Sorry, but I've seen people pay for repairs while their bikes were still under warranty- and knew it was still under warranty but just didn't want to go round and round with the shopor press the issue any further w/Kawi. You should just have to sign your name and walk out with a repaired bike.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:29 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

the KLX has a one-year unlimited mileage warranty. you shouldn't have to pay for squat. If you do, you're a sucker. Sorry, but I've seen people pay for repairs while their bikes were still under warranty- and knew it was still under warranty but just didn't want to go round and round with the shopor press the issue any further w/Kawi. You should just have to sign your name and walk out with a repaired bike.

Why do you feel the need to add snide little remarks like this to your posts?
He's obviously no sucker if he's on here asking if the warranty covers the repair and was informed 2 days ago by EMS_0525 that his warranty will.

Quick Reply: 07 water pump issues