Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   06 isnt starting === (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/06-isnt-starting-%3D%3D%3D-28412/)

Finger Mullet 05-17-2009 06:48 AM

Post in the morning after trying your car battery...and it works FINE...roflmao

Then we can talk about crappy klx batteries....lol.... and have a beer.

fgk228 05-17-2009 10:59 AM

just a thought, if the car battery works, is the new klx battery rated for its use

good luck,
there's only one thing worse that no know the problem, finding out what is the problem
ignorance is bliss

gerrynolan 05-17-2009 03:33 PM

The key here is that it clicked but then cranked. That indicates a bad ground or loose connection. If it cranked first and then clicked that would be a normal battery losing power symptom. I'd check the connections especially the one under the seat. I'm just going from memory to about a year back on this under seat deal.

deej 05-17-2009 03:36 PM

Everyone is talking battery when his post said it cranked and cranked. Sounds like you needed to run the gas out.

clgdswr 05-17-2009 05:27 PM

sunday morning ==========it charged the battery all night====again this morning=====the bike cranks and wont start====after about 8 seconds of cranking it started AS I LET OF THE START button===and this is the second time I've experienced this=======I shut the bike off and tried to restart it=====it cranked and cranked=====then the starter relay clicked a bunch and then continued cranking======I cant state this fact enough=====the battery was fresh and charged-------and this bike doesnt seem to crank fast enough=======I held the throttle open and noticed the cranking rpm gained a little========SOMETHING on this bike has changed====it went from full choke and just touch the starter button TO crank crank crank crank=====this happened basically overnight

Mudhore 05-17-2009 06:05 PM

Do yourself a favor and check all the conections under the seat...check the wire on the starter and also on the cdi box...You wouldn't belive the amount of problems that arecaused by lose wires!!!

clgdswr 05-17-2009 06:06 PM

ok I am now officially madder than I've been so far this year=======I hooked up jumper cables to my gsxr750====I noticed my bike is cranking a little faster=======but wont start =====this time I heard it pop a few times and it backfired once cause the airbox let out some smoke======I cranked with fuel off fuel on====no throttle ===throttle====nothing helps=====unless I compression start it======then I am golden=====at this point I am lost pissed off and frustrated======I cant afford the service manual right now===so basically I bought a backyard ornament for 3g's=====its the perfect day to ride=====and here I get to sit=====I dont even know what to try next at this point======I have the seat off and I loosened and tightened the starter solenoid screws-------I've wiggled the connectors at the box just in front of the battery=======remember I dont have a service manual YET and cant afford one====cause I bought a bike that was supposed to run more than two weeks before crapping out=======I could just cry LOL

Finger Mullet 05-17-2009 06:18 PM

Well damn...that sucks.

Will it push start normally and easily? F'n electrical stuff.

Mudhore 05-17-2009 06:27 PM

cldgswr I sent you a pm...

clgdswr 05-17-2009 06:41 PM

OK its diagnosed===========there is two black-yellow wires at the negative side of the battery======I noticed the smaller of the two ground wires had a butt connector that plugs in on one end====it was melted and hot from cranking=-=====I unplugged the wire and the bike instantly gained cranking speed and starts and runs like it used too==========YEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW======NOW where does this wire go===and what does it do?=====its on the negative side of the battery ====the bigger wire goes down to the engine case======the smaller wire goes into the main harness=======anyone have a clue what it goes too? and can I leave it unplugged?