KLR post accident reconstruction PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 03:47 AM
Default KLR post accident reconstruction PLEASE HELP!!!

So somebody saw it fit to slam on their brakes in front of me and caused me to test the theories of gravity. We'll gravity still works. I bent the handle bars in half, destroyed most of the cables, clutch, throttle, choke, brake lines, both levers (clutch and brake) front headlight and headlight assembly, as well as the front fairing, surrounding the lamp. I looooovvvveeee this bike and I believe I got lucky with the engine and internals, bike still starts up with one kick. Could start it with your hand if you want to. Bike is a 2005, jetted, carb constantly cleaned, yoshi big gun exhaust, all OEM everything else. Continental attack front and rear tires. 14k miles. Oil changed every 800 miles. So here's my questions, #1 does anybody run a newer headlight assembly? Something that will replace the OEM boxy fairing and give me 2 lights. Want to maybe do HID's. Any literature on this would be greatly appriceated. #2 Also does anybody have any suggestions on clutch lever set ups that are aftermarket that actually fit and are off road worthy? #3 stainless steel brake line conversion? Worth it? Does it exist? #4 front forks? Re seal or new? I know these are pricey bastards so any guidance on aftermarket resources would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this bike back on the road as soon and as safely as possible. #5 plastic gas tank? Worth it in the long run? Any direction on who makes these? Thanks for takin the time to read and please post any words of advice. Been riding my whole life and managed to stay upright, until then.... Here's a couple pointers from what happend to help other riders, #1 brake maintenance front and BACK. #2 actually strap your helmet every time you ride. (Mine flew off upon impact) #3 shoes tied tight! Mine flew off #3 remember it's not you, it's everybody else, the concrete doesn't discriminate no matter how fast or slow you are going. Cheers, happy safe riding and thank you for your help and input.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:41 AM
1st Gear Member

How long have you been riding? Not trying to be a smart *** but you did some very bad things and your lucky you didn't get hurt or worse. I would suggest you take a motorcycle safety course and get proper gear. Shoes laces are a no no when riding. Wear proper boots, jacket, pants, gloves and a helmet strapped to your head. ATGATT!