KF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with KF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better KF? Tell us here.

Versys forum?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:37 PM
cls
1st Gear Member
Default Versys forum?

Howdy,

I just joined on here. I've been on numerous other forums, and I came over here looking for Versys info., among other things. Did I miss it, or has the Versys been left out here?

Thanks.

Chris

Old 01-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Versys forum?

welcome to KF. not many versys owners here. so buy a more popular bike and get back to us.....lolj/k how is that bike anyways?? you likeing it??

Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 PM
cls
1st Gear Member

Ah, humor, or the attempt thereat. I like it!...

I love the V. I actually bought it for my wife, but I ride it more than my 990 Super Duke or Tiger 1050. I've had, and have, a bunch of bikes, but this is one of the best (Now that I'm over my hyper-performance bike stage.). It's perfect for public roads: Too easy and too fun! Good stuff. I'm actually looking into selling a couple of other bikes and going all Kawi. I'm a member of the Versys specific forum, but I thought there may be more info. over here. Not to worry, I'm also interested in a few other Kawi models.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure we'll "see" you around.

Chris

Old 01-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

thats why i keep my day job...lol it's an interesting looking bike. you talk about public roads but does'nt it have off road capibilities also? and if sohow does it perform off road?

Old 01-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Chris welcome to the site, I actually like the look of that bike. I really like the tiger. Again welcome and hang out and have fun. Oh I almost forgot..........

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

We want to see the Tiger too.[8D]

Old 01-04-2008, 12:30 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 [sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 01-04-2008, 12:52 AM
cls
1st Gear Member

Gentlemen, I'm touched at the outpouring of love. I'm honored...Barf!

Unfortunately, I'm having to significantly lower the V for my wife, so it's not going to be the d-s bike I'd hoped for. It's quite a rip on the road, though. The few times I had it off-road, it did great. Just fire roads and dirt roads, mind you. It's really a cool bike. I'm really impressed w/the overall versatility. It's great in the twisties, torquey/punchy, settledon the highway, fine for two-up, gives a great view and slices nicely through traffic, returns great gas mileage, and is comfy everywhere. And all for a great price. Again, I'm very pleased.

The Tiger and the SD are great bikes, also. The Tiger is my super sporty ST, of sorts, and the SD is just, well, everything you've read about. What a rip! I've had most every class of bikeout there (Several of most classes.), but the SD is the best streetbike I've had. Except for the V, maybe. It just depends on how much money you want to spend, and what you're looking for. The V is currently in the shop having the suspension lowered. That's some of the main info. I was hoping to find over here. Oh, well. I'll play around elsewhere. I'm always looking...

Thanks, again, guys. I'll be around.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:53 AM
cls
1st Gear Member

Also, sorry, but I have to ask: What is "PWI?" I'm sure I should know...

Old 01-04-2008, 02:35 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cls

Gentlemen, I'm touched at the outpouring of love. I'm honored...Barf!

Unfortunately, I'm having to significantly lower the V for my wife, so it's not going to be the d-s bike I'd hoped for. It's quite a rip on the road, though. The few times I had it off-road, it did great. Just fire roads and dirt roads, mind you. It's really a cool bike. I'm really impressed w/the overall versatility. It's great in the twisties, torquey/punchy, settled on the highway, fine for two-up, gives a great view and slices nicely through traffic, returns great gas mileage, and is comfy everywhere. And all for a great price. Again, I'm very pleased.

The Tiger and the SD are great bikes, also. The Tiger is my super sporty ST, of sorts, and the SD is just, well, everything you've read about. What a rip! I've had most every class of bike out there (Several of most classes.), but the SD is the best streetbike I've had. Except for the V, maybe. It just depends on how much money you want to spend, and what you're looking for. The V is currently in the shop having the suspension lowered. That's some of the main info. I was hoping to find over here. Oh, well. I'll play around elsewhere. I'm always looking...

Thanks, again, guys. I'll be around.
you confuse me but sorry to hear ya had to lower it but good luck with it and hopefully when you come back we will have a V forum

Old 01-04-2008, 03:16 AM
cls
1st Gear Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. I'm just cutting up a bit, and yapping.

I'll be around.

Thanks for the welcome.

Quick Reply: Versys forum?