09 Brute Force 750 wont crank - Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Quad's & ATV's Quad (Leisure) & ATV (Working) talk within here.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:38 PM

Default 09 Brute Force 750 wont crank

I have a 2008 brute force 750i with fuel injection and it wont crank at all when i turn the key on the dashboard stuff comes on like the neutral light speedometer ect. When i push the ignition button it does nothing, the headlight switch doesnt work, and the fuel pump doesnt come on either i checked the fuses and they are fine. Battery brand new in april, pulled it out anyway and took it to oreillys for a charge and test and checked out operating to spec. I have 12.8 v source. I have continuity between brown and black at the connector at the steering column when I depress the start switch so I know my start switch and engine stop switch are contacting. I pulled the connector from the starter solenoid (what kawi calls a starter relay, and they designate the relays we know them as control relays, but we're going to refer to it as a solenoid) and key on measure 12.2 v when depressing the start switch, so best I can tell the solenoid is getting the command. I don't have any leads to power the control side of the solenoid and check continuity between the load posts of the solenoid, but I may have to devise something to make work. I don't have continuity between either load post or solenoid case, but I infer that to be a good thing as these are not case grounded. Where would you go next? So far as best I can tell, I've determined that the following are good with voltage at the command side of the solenoid..
Neutral Switch (backed up by the neutral light coming on at the multifunction meter)
Starter button
Engine stop switch
Ignition switch
Main fuse

Per Kawi manual that leaves
Starter
wiring
control relay

Thoughts?
Old 08-22-2018, 05:56 PM

Default Fixed

Fixed it, corrosion at the double spade connector at the control side of the starter solenoid.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

About the only active discussions on this forum revolve around KLX 250S bikes. You may have better luck at this forum:

Kawasaki ATV and Mule - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

or this one is even more focused:

https://www.kawieriders.com/forum/