My bike is messed up... Help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Default My bike is messed up... Help?

Today I went to ride it, I was going fine, but it was real lethargic, when I hit 50 or 60, not so sure cause I think my spedo is messed up, the engine dropped from 6K to 3K, then kept fluctuating. I really dont know why, its pretty unsafe to ride because it wont go fast enough for the highway, and the constant issue of dropping revs. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks for the help. I almost bought an R1 today but couldnt get there because of my bike. Thanks. Matt.
Please dont give me grief about the R1, it was 4,000, otherwise I would get a zx7 or zx9.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:44 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My bike is messed up... Help?

dont get a yamaha, the fluctuating in your engine revsis your bike showing you resentment for think about getting rid of her....hehe

I would guess that the battery is giving up on you, good luck

also and this happened to me:
I was replacing the coolant and spilled some on the engine, not sure of where it fell so i took it out on the road and it was very erratic. and i could not get the rpms past the 9 grand mark, did it rain on your bike ?

Old 09-13-2007, 03:15 AM

I just replaced the battery like 2 weeks ago. But maybe the connection is loose, It might have had rain but its covered when im not riding it. But the cover might not be waterproof. Thanks for the help. Its an 03, I dont know how the carbs could become unsynked or messed up overnight, most online cites say that it could be carbs, but Im just not convinced. Thanks again. Matt

Old 09-13-2007, 03:30 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mttvogt

Today I went to ride it, I was going fine, but it was real lethargic, when I hit 50 or 60, not so sure cause I think my spedo is messed up, the engine dropped from 6K to 3K, then kept fluctuating. I really dont know why, its pretty unsafe to ride because it wont go fast enough for the highway, and the constant issue of dropping revs. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks for the help. I almost bought an R1 today but couldnt get there because of my bike. Thanks. Matt.
Please dont give me grief about the R1, it was 4,000, otherwise I would get a zx7 or zx9.

from this brief description, check the sync. What do the plugs look like on a plug chop?

Old 09-13-2007, 03:59 PM

Im at school right now and dont have any tools or means to get new plugs etc. The bike is going home this weekend, and Ill try my best then.

Your leaning twards a carb issue then? I just find it hard to believe that all of a sudden these things happened when I have been riding it the last 2 months daily and put 1700 miles on it these last 2 months. Do they normally ever go bad overnight on a 2003 with 2700 miles? I see how it could be the carbs with everything online, but in practicality, I just dont see how they would be messed up. Thanks for the help. Matt