BRAND NEW Ninja 250r coolant leak? What should I do?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 03:24 AM
Default BRAND NEW Ninja 250r coolant leak? What should I do?!

I just got my brand new 2007 ninja 250r delivered today and was really excited to take it out for a first ride today. After starting it and letting it warm up a few minutes I started to ride away slowly and after 50 feet I started seeing smoke come up from the handlebars and then looked down to see liquid bubbling out! It was bubbling out because the dealership didn't replace the cap and possibly even tighten other parts inside. There is green liquid (antifreeze?) inside the bike fairing and obviously all over the ground. What should I do?

I am freaked out because this is my first motorcycle and I don't want this to have affected the engine in any way? On top of this coolant leak, the dealer delivered the bike a week late, showed up 4 hours early for delivery when I said I had to work (had to leave work and miss hours to get the bike), and the lost one of the keys during delivery. They obviously are incompetent and I don't trust them servicing or fixing this bike.

Should I ask for a refund and go elsewhere? What am I entitled to because obviously this is their fault and it is a brand new bike driven about 50 ft?

Looking forward to some help! Deep breaths...need to calm down!

Old 09-02-2007, 04:47 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: BRAND NEW Ninja 250r coolant leak? What should I do?!

You tell those monkeys to come pick up the bike, take it back to the shop, and bring it back when its the way its supposed to be. That's ridiculous. If you have any troublewith them, just let me know, I'm pretty good with letters that look like they are from an attorney. You gotta love Microsoft Templates on line. But I'm serious. Let us know what happens.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:50 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

See the general tech section on my response. Pretty much what deej just mentioned.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:08 PM

Thanks for the reply guys and I appreciate your willingness to help Deej Can you believe that the dealer asked where I parked the bike and insisted that someone probably stole the radiator cap?! Ridiculous! After being very forceful and angry they are sending a mechanic over to fix the bike on the spot...DEFINTELY writing to the BBB and Kawasaki to let them know what this dealer is doing to their name! I'll let u know how it pans out.

Thx again for the replies!!

Old 09-05-2007, 03:36 PM
1st Gear Member

after all that i would be afraid to let them touch my bike, i am not sure what you could do except what was already suggested, but i wish you good luck in getting this matter resolved.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I ended up going in and showed them that I was very angry and very unsatisfied. Not to mention that if I was going any faster, their negligence could have cause me to slide out because the coolant was leaking under the tire resulting in an accident and possible law suit. They didn't have time to fix it that day but I insisted that they were going to fix it now, so they had two of their mechanics drive to my garage, fix the bike (just the missing radiator cap), clean it up, and test it. The bike is working fine now and I'm glad that the engine itself was not harmed. Definitely NOT going to them for service! Thanks again for your help and suggestions!