Kawasaki Mule Discuss the multi purpose Mule within.

Newlly discovered Mule 610 lift kit issuse from Kawasaki

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Exclamation Newlly discovered Mule 610 lift kit issuse from Kawasaki

I have a New 2012 Mule xc with a factory 2" lift, and I had added new wheels and tires to the unit. Once the wheels and tires where installed I noticed something that I didnt see before. My left side tire stuck outside my finder but not the right side, and my springs were shifted to the left at the bottom, and the frame did not look square. We took measurements all over the unit and found that the left side wheel base was 1" shorter then the right side causing it to "Dog Track" we thought the frame might be bent but after taking multiple measurements we determind that because of the factory lift the sway bar in the rear was 1" to short, pulling the rearend to the left. we took it to the dealer and they confirmed the swaybar was to short. they contacted Kawasaki and found out when they added the lift to the XC models they where still using the factory swaybar from the regular 610.. they are looking to make new swaybars for the XC as I was told but it would take months, so the dealer is having one made for me. So anyone with an XC take some measurement and call your dealer if you find out the same thing, and anyone putting an aftermarket lift on a 610 you will have to make a new swaybar. If this is not corrected it can cause excessive tire wear and drivetrain stress.

Last edited by Kawascotty; 02-12-2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: grammer issues
Old 02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info. Good find

Welcome to KF

Old 02-12-2012, 10:55 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 good info for any one with a mule

Old 10-02-2012, 12:01 AM

My 2013 Mule sway bar attaches to the axle on the left side and to the frame on the right. Being too short would cause the right wheel to stick out. Left and right are relative to sitting in the drivers seat. My mule appears to have too short of a link, causing the outside of the right wheel to be even with the fender and the left wheel to be inset. Factory wheels and tires on my machine.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:35 PM

Kawasaki is quite aware of the problem, since I posted the issue..but apperently has done nothing to fix the problem. My dealership took the sway bar off and sent it to a michine shop and had the bar extended by 1 1/4 I believe, and that fixed the problem.. It is not as noticable as much with the factory tires, but when you add aftermarket wheels and tires it is very noticable. see your dealer they will have to do the same for you.

Last edited by Kawascotty; 10-02-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:34 PM

After looking at my unit, I can see the rear end moves from right to left as the shocks compress. If they had designed it to minimize the sideways movement they would have had the bar horizontal at the half way point of the suspension travel. Of course they would have to adjust the bar length to be correct for this change. I looked on line at the parts breakout for both versions of the 610. The shocks, swing arm, and the torsion bar all have the same part number for 2012. The frame is not available. I am guessing they just extended the shock mount on the frame to get the lift they wanted.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:04 PM

they added what lookes like what I call the hocky puck lift, basicly a 2" bracket that mounts between the frame and the shocks. when they did this they did not account for the sway bar. When extending the shocks the rear swing arm became to short but they gust pulled it over to where it would bolt up, not realiving it threw the rear alinement off. To why the engineers did not think of this is issue baffles me. Even after market lift kits doesnt address this issue.. I called some manufactures on this issue and they told me they were aware of it, and they just tell there customers to have a michine shop extend the sway bar "really?"..I guess no one thinks is a big deal or worth their time to make one and sell it.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Default Similar Problem

I installed a 2" lift kit as well as new 25" rims and wheels to replace the stock 24" tires and wheels. The right rear side cargo bed is now lower to the wheel than the left side. It appears that I have the same problem and plan on removing the sway bar and adding the appropriate length by cutting sway bar and welding the appropriate length coller to connect to the bracket (underside of bed)in the relaxed position. I will do this after hunting season when I bring my UTV back from the Deer Camp. Reccommendations & Comments are appreciated.
Blue Tip.

PS: I bought 2007 Mule early in 2012. I did some work on it since and now have a Fold Up Lexan Windshield. custom alluminum 3/16th top, LED Lights (2 900 lumens on fwd top & 800 lumens flood for rear). Winch 2,500#, Electric 80# Feeder to rear bed door, cabin lights, Added a 4 switch paned to the dash with LED indicators to control the electrical additions. Last 2 brackets on the rear of the top to assist loading Deer and two Red LED lights on the rear of the roof

Old 12-26-2014, 02:08 PM

I have a 2011 Mule 610XC i installed Extreme 610 series 2" lift on ii but i am having problems with the front end after installing the spacers the tires are angle inward putting a bind on the front axle and steering rod. Has anybody had this problem? or can make suggestion on how to fix the problem.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:54 PM

The XC has the maximum lift that it can handle already. Did you take the factory lift off first before installing the other one? If you doubled them up it would cause this problem. The only way to solve this problem would be an undertaking, having to modify the a arms and dive shafts. The mule was just not designed to be lifted like the T. rex or ravers. 2" is the best that the mule gets. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Newlly discovered Mule 610 lift kit issuse from Kawasaki