Kawasaki Mule Discuss the multi purpose Mule within.

2022 Pro MX vibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 09:17 PM
Default 2022 Pro MX vibration

Hello all. I have recently purchased my first Kawasaki only 4 weeks ago and this is my first post although I have spent hours reading others’ posts. I purchased a new 2022 Mule Pro MX and it seems to be a great machine and I am really impressed. I do have one concern with a vibration that can be both felt and heard and was hoping someone may have some ideas to help track it down. My dealer is a couple hour drive away and after speaking to them on the phone about the vibration they said they would check it out when I bring it in for the first service at 20 hours but I don’t really want to wait that long to find the issue because it is driving me and the family nuts. It has a mild to moderate vibration/noise that seems to be coming from the front driveshaft tunnel of the floorboard. It can be heard and felt only when the machine is running between about 12 and 16 mph. It is not present below or above those speeds. It happens when accelerating through this speed and also decelerating through this speed. If you cruise steadily within that speed it is present continuously. It is what I would characterize as a “rattle” but has a mild vibration with it as well. I didn’t really want to start taking a new machine apart but I could not stand it any longer so I removed the push rivets to the floorboard cover on top of the front driveshaft to inspect. I could find absolutely nothing that looked or felt out of place. Everything seemed tight and secure as it should be but I am definitely missing something. I am hoping someone may have a suggestion as to what this could be. We all love the new Mule but this is driving us crazy and sort of puts a damper on the new ride. I’m hoping it’s something simple and not some type of a driveline issue on a brand new machine. Any suggestions on where to look would be deeply appreciated.

Old 09-01-2022, 08:32 PM

Good Afternoon,
I am new to this forum. I joined in hopes of finding a solution to the problem you have described. I also have the Muke pro MX and it is making the same irritating noise 13-18 mph. Have you been able to correct the noise?

Thanks,

P. Atwater

Old 12-30-2022, 10:16 PM

I have a brand New 2023 Mule Pro-MX SE and it has the same rattle / vibration between 13 and 16 mph coming from the drivetrain. It runs great otherwise. Unfortunately I tend to run at ~15pmh a lot, so it's really in my ear. I'd love to hear of someone finding a fix for this

-Ron