Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

STX-12F will not start

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 02:56 PM
Default STX-12F will not start

We have not been able to use use our Kawasaki 2004 STX -12 F jet ski this summer. It has always run with issues , but wouldn't start this June so we changed the spark plugs but that didn't help. It has set all summer but I would like to have it running for labor day,

It acts like it is trying to start for 1 second. Paw sprayed starter fluid on the intake sides (is that the flame arrester?) with no results. If you hold the throttle all the way in in and hit the start button and turn it over long enough it will try to start for less than 1 second, . I am old school but it acts likes it flooded. likes its getting too much fuel and not enough air. but that is just a feeling.
We don't use the jet ski much, We bought it used about 5 years ago and only use it 2 or 3 times a year. So we maybe have put 20 hours on it, We have only used Non Ethanol gas. Does Ethanol free gas go bad in the tank>

Ever since we bought the Jet Ski it has had the problem that it will stop running every time you let off the throttle but that was manageable problem. At least it would start.

We took the caps off the top of the valve covers and its spits water out... is that normal?

I read there was a fuel vent hose recall. Does my symptoms sound like a result of a fuel vent hose problem? Where are the carbs? I read a 1 shot of ether into the carbs could help with diagnosis. Where is the flame arrester,

Thanks

Granny DP

DPForumDog