Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

93 supersport xi power adders

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 93 supersport xi power adders

I am looking for the best bang for the buck. what can i do to this ski to get it to run faster and more power. I guess you can say i am like most there never seems to be enough power or speed for me. I am open to any ideas. One more question. these skies come with dual carbs, would it be better for me to replace the stock ones with a single racing carb. The stock ones are keihin 44mm i think i no they are keihin. where is a good place to get a good high performance carb or carbs for that matter
thanks for the help

Old 05-19-2010, 05:34 PM
1st Gear Member

INLET SYSTEMS SINGLE CARB - It's our position that the inlet system that can provide the best inlet tract air speed and fuel mixing, at all throttle positions, is the system that will provide the best overall acceleration and horsepower. While the stock oem Kawasaki dual carb kits can work very well, our testing showed us that a recreational 750 with a well prepared single carb could easily generate as much speed, and acceleration, than most jet pumps can ever deliver. The few aftermarket duals that do offer better performance, do so by consuming "allot" more gasoline. Where riding range is a big consideration, a single carb intake is by far the best choice.

from here http://www.groupk.com/k750.htm

personally i would buy a faster ski

Old 05-20-2010, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

that group k page says that the keihin carbs deliver more than enough fuel for any upgrade.
this is from that site
"The stock Kawasaki dual Keihins perform as good or better than any aftermarket duals we have seen. Group K offers the same throat boring mod for these as the singles. These bored 40mm(and 38mm) Keihins can easily meet the fuel demands of the most heavily modified 750 racing engines. Our tests showed that perfectly tuned dual 44 or 46 Mikunis offered absolutely no advantage over the bored stockers."
so now i am confused why would you say one thing and then post a site that says different??

Old 05-20-2010, 04:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Seriously tho, its a matter of apples and oranges. The quote you posted said that the Kawi Duals can handle mods as well as other Duals, but the quote Crazybass posted said that the single gave more power than the duals.

So Duals vs Duals: Kawi wins, Duals vs Single: Single wins

Old 05-20-2010, 05:04 AM
1st Gear Member

i was not trying to fight i just didnt understand!! Istill dont how can one carb be better than two i thought more fuel and air more power, but what do i no i am the one asking the questions. I would like to get a good exhaust system but i cant find them anywhere does any one no where to get one it is for a 93 supersport xi???

Old 05-20-2010, 05:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I dont know either to tell the truth, best I can figure is that with all the air passing through one hole they can get better atomization and therefore a better mix, once the fuel is mixed into the air it really doesnt matter if its going to 2 cylinders or 8.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:36 AM
1st Gear Member

the air will still pass through two holes. It does not matter if there is one or two carbs the part of the manifold that bolts to the motor is going to be the same only with one carb it is a single port coming down into two ports to bolt to the motor if it is two carbs there is two ports on the top of the manifold just like the bottom so you would think that two carbs bigger manifold so more air space more fuel, the more air/fuel mix forced into the motor the better. And on a 2 cycle motor the crank case forces the air up into the the small ports on the side of the cylinder so it can be burnt. Here is a link to a good demo of how it works:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/two-stroke2.htm
it is kind of cool except for the lost fuel from where both holes in the cylinder are open at the same time for a split second. This demo help me understand what the reeds are used for. I now no why the 2 cycle motors have so much more power than regular motors as far as size and weight. Now all those smart people out there need to find a way for them to run cleaner so we are not putting so much gas and oil in the lakes and what not when we are ridding.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ray ray
the air will still pass through two holes.
Right, however the volume and velocity of that air will be different through the single port.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry about the confusion, i thought you wrote you were going to stick a big carb on it.. I have re-read it.

The groupk site just lists type of work that can be carried out on the skis from there stock form and the good ways to mod and also some warnings from there experience in the past.

If you looking to get some good power an exhaust in my eyes is the way to go and you may be able to pick one up at a cheap price trouble is fiding one..

sorry i cannot be of much help i dont know much about these i used to have an sxi pro and now an sxr. But the basics are always the same on two stroke.

Exhaust, skimmed head or aftermarket high compression head. porting work on the cylinders and inlets and outlets. tuned carbs etc.. the list is endless..