Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

2000 ultra 150 engine goes full throttle and lots of smoke and oil

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Default 2000 ultra 150 engine goes full throttle and lots of smoke and oil

I was starting the ski up after sitting for a few months. Immediately after it finally fired up, the ski went full throttle and was spitting oil and a lot of white smoke out of the exhaust. I immediately shut it off, and tried it a couple more times with the same result. Anyone got any ideas of what is going on?
Thanks for the help.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM

Does anyone have any advice on this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Old 07-07-2009, 03:14 PM

I started it again today and as soon as it starts it goes full throttle. A lot of white smoke and oil comes out of the exhaust, enough to where oil drips out of the exhaust after I shut it off. The idle adjustment screw was broken off a few years back, but it just started doing this so I don't see how that could be the problem. I've attempted to adjust the throttle cable at the oil pump and carburetor and they seem like they are fine. Need Help!
Thanks.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

try here for manual
http://the-manuals.com/

Old 07-11-2009, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Is this a 2 stroke or 4 stroke? If it 4 stroke you have a broken or scored oil ring or piston wall causing oil from the crank into the cylinder then burning (not fully) in the chamber (blue smoke) then dripping out the exhaust.

The white smoke is usually water in the cylinder. However if its fresh water-cooled then there is there must have been water left in it before winter possibly cracking something.

If you put these two problems together then there is possibly a crack in the cylinder wall where the cooling system is and it is introducing both water and oil into the cylinder.

Did you winterize it properly?

Old 07-11-2009, 10:41 AM

id say check the compression, this will tell if you have a cracked head or block, also check the condition of all pipes/tubes going from the carb to the cylinder sumthing could have perished/ oxidised/ rusted letting to much air in the mix resuilting in these effects.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:22 PM

Ok guys, I checked the compression today, and it has exactly 120psi on all three cylinders. I am not sure what to do next. Any ideas why the engine would rev so high upon statup with white smoke and oil coming out of the exhaust? I've adjusted the throttle cable at the oil pump and carburetor and they seem like they are where they should be.
Thanks again for the help.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

sounds carb related to me bro. is there a float like a bike carb? maybe it's off alittle?

Old 08-03-2013, 10:41 PM

Did U find out what the problem was? Mine just started doing it also
Originally Posted by rbgators04
I was starting the ski up after sitting for a few months. Immediately after it finally fired up, the ski went full throttle and was spitting oil and a lot of white smoke out of the exhaust. I immediately shut it off, and tried it a couple more times with the same result. Anyone got any ideas of what is going on?
Thanks for the help.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Default White smoke and oil

Did you figure out what was wrong? Mine is doing the same thing.

Quick Reply: 2000 ultra 150 engine goes full throttle and lots of smoke and oil