General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Where do I go from here.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 03:06 AM
Default Where do I go from here.....

I will try not to make this too drawn out and all i want is my bike back running again.......

I have had my bike in the shop since Feb 15 till present which should be just over 2 1/2 months. I finally took it in when i could not figure out why she would not start. After a week i was contacted and told my CDI was bad and I needed to have it replaced so that was a total of $606 for parts and labor. I go to the shop and give a deposit for the full amount and was told part would be in in a bout a week. 2 1/2 weeks later parts arrives but bike still wont start. A week later i am informed some relay was bad.....they said a week for part.....2 weeks later part arrives but wont start.....suppose to be wrong part shipped from warehouse...blah blah blah....2 1/2 weeks ago part was suppose to be reshipped.....yesterday i call and talked to recep and was told owner that i was talking with is on vacation for another week but partner will be in Tue.....so tomorrow i am going to shop.....

I mean if you check this website the boast about knowing it all. They have a complete staff lineup with bio.....electritian with 30 years....they offer to help with free bike pickup.....they even knew i had to rent a trailor to drop off....I feel so cheated.... i have dealt with these guys when i had to have my forkseals replaced....while replacing i am told chain is bad ( dont even laugh) so i of course got the new one....then i was told brakes were bad so i got new ones....the old ones were pretty bad though.....and of course i got the basic tuneup .....and off i went.....one day my bike started running really bad....carbs needed cleaning.....I let them do it and also upgrade me to the valve adjust....( OK laugh now...hahahahahaha.) Pay them get bike and she screams like never before......around 4 months later but not many miles at all bike wont start. She would just crank over....which is the current situation.....

What should i expect. I dont want something for nothing but for a shop to have this for so long just dont make sense to me. The CC i gave the deposit on is now a closed account....and the funny thing is if i have to get my bike out i have to rent another trailor to go less than an 1/8th of a mile up the same st to the dealer service uless the tow it for me there..haahaha... and wait another week or 2 .....oh well how much deeper can i go...

Now what about the storage since i dropped the bike off....when i first called to report the bike was not starting the guy who answered was sure since i have not driven it for a while that the carbs needed clean again....well that was not the problem and not the bike has been sitting for appx 2 1/2 months ...how should i apporoach this subject....how i i check if i am not being duped.....should that be a concern at all...etc....well i guess this is enough for now........all input is welcome....

Thanks

Old 05-29-2007, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Where do I go from here.....

Go here: https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx

File a complaint against them. I don't think they ever had any idea what was really wrong with your bike, so they did the old "trial and error" method at your expense. I'd also take them to court for it.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:31 AM

as far as court i am not too sure how to proceed. is it as simple as asking to see a judge and gettign a date, how do i determine what is fair compensation...

Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 PM
1st Gear Member

it sounds like they are dicking you around there madgreek. I would go to a lawyer and see if he wants to take your case. if hoe or she wants to they will put the paper work in for the court and stuff. If this place is doing this stuff to you how many other bikers are they doing it to. As for the getting a trailer to pick it up. If it's running walk to the dealer or see if someone could give you a ride there so you can ride the bike home. Or just make them bring it to you since they had your bike so long.. Hope everything works out for you . let us know how things go.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:42 PM

I just got back from the shop and was told that a new part arrived today and the tech is about to try again. I explained my frustration and told them if its not it tomorrow i will pick up bike. Yeah they offered to drop it to myhouse for me but thats not going to get it running and i need my bike. I seriouslydoubt they will drop it off at a new shop for me....hahahaha..... What about the bike sitting for so long.....

Old 05-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

I feel for you bro, take it some where else and try to get a reference. Good shop or mechanic is hard to find.

Don't pay the other foos a dime. Good luck I hope it all works out.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:38 AM

This just dont make sense to me......i mean if i was the owner i would be so embarrased that i could not fix something i would have taken it to another shop myself and then just say i fixed it and pass along the cost to me......oh well i will se what happens

Old 05-30-2007, 02:00 AM
1st Gear Member

hopefully this part will fix your bike if not i would take it some where else and see if there able to fix her. if not it's time to look up that lawyer. because they messed up the bike.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:37 AM

well i found me a new mechanic via my brother in law's neighbor who has a shop and handles the work for some big bike club out here......ooohhhhhh yeah here we go again.......i was thinking just the major dealer out here but this guy assures me this is the real deal and he would just hate to see someone go through this again.....the shop is actually about 40 miles away so here i go......

Old 05-30-2007, 10:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Well good luck and i hope he can get it going for you. I would not be happy with that first lot. I woulda gone off my nut at em.

Quick Reply: Where do I go from here.....