General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Put power commander on and now it doesn't turn over right away?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Question Put power commander on and now it doesn't turn over right away?!

So I have a 2007 Vulcan 900 and I just put Vance & Hines exhaust on it and a power commander. Before I put the power commander on, it started just fine but after I put it on, it doesn't turn over well. It'll just wine a bit when you hit the ignition like it wants to turn over but it won't for a few seconds easy. Then, after a try or two, it'll finally turn over. Any thoughts on what' causing this and how I can correct it? To put the commander in, I had to take the tank almost all the way off( disconnected the fuel line and let the tank lightly hang on the side of the frame by the sender unit and then disconnected the injectors) We got everything put back to gether fine but now it's doing this. If anybody has any ideas please let me know.
Thanks.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:53 AM
1st Gear Member

sounds like a short or loose connection.. trace out the connectors in the immediate vicinity of the work done and look for pinched wires under the tank or whereever they shouldn't be..
keep us posted, good luck, and welcome to kf!!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:43 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

you know, i noticed this on my bike when i had a custom map installed for my mods, it whines out a little on start up only. once its on and warmed up, it does the same thing but damm the bike freakin ruuuns with it installed. i am going to see one of the greates tuners of all time soon and will ask him his opinion about this issue. if the times right and the moneys there i am going to have long mach of mach 1 motorsports do a dyno tuned map for my bike. hopefully i will have an answer