General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

OK let's talk exhaust....

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Default OK let's talk exhaust....

I have not mod'd for about two months (since my rearsets) because i have been savin for an exhaust.....staying up many late nights, i have come to the conclusion that my earnings will be spent on something that works better then it looks (or sounds) so i was searching for specs and have found out that not many manuf. will post gained hp and weight specs.....is there anyone that knows where i can find this info. for exhaust systems......and is there any ideas about what i should get....mind you i am not caring how it looks or sounds as long as the hp goes up and the weight goes down......i have about $1900 to spend.......thanks in advance......

Old 11-16-2005, 01:45 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: OK let's talk exhaust....

I'm not sure of any places to actually find it but try going to the wbsites of the exhausts you are looking at and emailing them. I got alot of good info from micron when i emailed them about their exhaust for my bike. but in my opinion you're looking in the wrong place for HP gains because exhaust is going to give you the least HP for the money out of probably any upgrade you could do.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:02 AM

i do understand the hp/$ ratio for an exhaust.....but since it needs one neway i might as well splurdge on something worth while......what do you have on yours and, have you any problems with it

Old 11-16-2005, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

I went with the 2brothers dual V.A.L.E slipon for mine. Dropped eight pounds off the bike and is supposed to add 6-8 Hp but the main thing about it is it looks awesome and sounds mean.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Well here it is, http://www.akrapovic-exhaust.com/mai...duct_lines.htm

Check out the evolution line.

Do not, do not, DO NOT get the street legal pipe. Save your old pipe so you can switch back for fixit ticket if needed. Also do get the full system, slip-ons are for sound and very minimal gains. Full system with power commander and custom map will make a very big smile on your face. You will lose a lot of weight as well.

More considerations; the full system will take away some low end so you might want to consider a sprocket change. -1 frnt and +2 rear.
OMG you will be blown away you will be smoking fast You will lose some top end with that kind of gearing but who really uses it anyway, 99% of most riders need low and mid range.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:32 PM

Yeah notstock is right about loosing some top speed. My bike now only goes about 144-150 LOL damn thats just to damn slow. lol But i get there hella fast

Old 11-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

" But i get there hella fast" and the midrange between 7500 and 10k is explosive [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 11-16-2005, 07:12 PM

Nice....what about running aftermarket headers and mid-pipe to a bolt on???? would this work in the same aspects???? say for instance if i ran titanium headers and mid-pipe to a D&D or 2 bros. bolt on....

Old 11-16-2005, 08:46 PM
1st Gear Member

ok guy's so i take it if i just want to get some noise out of my 06 636 i should just put a slip on exhaust? Will i need to get a power commander with a slip on or is that for an full exhaust. I like the power my bike has now and just want a little noise. Would love to get the two bros set up but it's expensive. And plus i would like to hear it first. Any one got a sound clip?

Old 11-16-2005, 09:25 PM
1st Gear Member

no sound clip but DAMN is all i have to say i LOVE it it's exactly how i wanted my bike to sound. Not real loud until you get on the throttle. it is deeper than most exhausts for sportbikes i have heard and IMO it is also the best looking. totally worth the money. you wont need a power commander with just a slipon but if you do anything else i.e. regearing and aftermarket air filter you'll probably want to get one.

Quick Reply: OK let's talk exhaust....