General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Icon Jacket?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 02:15 AM
Default Icon Jacket?

Hey guys. I'm a newbie and am looking for a jacket. I found an Icon jacket that i like called the motorhead crest but need some advise on whether they are a reliable brand. If anyone has had any experience with this brand or knows of there build quality I'd greatly appreciate any advice and info.

Thanks

Old 01-25-2006, 03:49 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Icon Jacket?

GREAT street gear. all my gear is icon except my new leather jacket (but thats because my GF got it for me 4 xmas) I have the mainframe helmet, hooligan gloves, timac jacket, and standards boots. its all good stuff. fits just right for street riding. My buddy has an icon leather jacket and loves it as well. I wanted that jacket as well its freakin sweet!

Old 01-25-2006, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

well first off, welcome to the forum.... i have some ICON gear and i love it... i have the Timax jacket, hoolagan gloves, and a pair of riding boots... really great stuff, more bang for the buck..... i've gone down on my jacket twice, at least with the textile jackets you can't even tell i went down... now for the leathers i'm sure you can... but like i said, Icon is some great gear.... i'm also sure theres overs in the forum who uses Icon.... well i hope this helped.... posts some pics when you have the chance...

Old 01-25-2006, 07:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Geez guys, your slacking on giving up some links!

there are some good sites to check out:

http://www.rideicon.com/gear.jsp?pag...0&class_type=2

http://rideicon.metricbikes.com/

Old 01-25-2006, 11:23 AM

Hey man...I ride with the ICON MOTORHEAD...

I bought one for my best friend for Christmas (same one) and he went down today....All he got was a little bit of scratched leather...Icon is a GREAT brand that is CHEAPER than most...for just as good if not better quality...my opionion though.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya dude ..............I got the Icon Motorhead jacket and the gloves and I also have the mainframe flatblack helmet. The jacket is asume fits great and very comfortable. Icon has some great stuff..........Very good jacket.

[IMG]local://upfiles/821/28AF76E5070F4A3FB67B336ADE651607.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-25-2006, 03:04 PM

Thanks heaps for your help guys. Thats all I need to know. I'm gonna order that jacket tomorrow.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

The only icon gear that I have are the Superduty gloves

They are very comfortable and the best part about them, is that even though they have been soaked on numerous occasions (it rained the entire weekend of my bike course), they are still as soft and supple as they were the day I bought them!

Icon gear seems to be very good quality stuff! Post some pics when you get your jacket!

Old 01-25-2006, 11:02 PM
1st Gear Member

I also have the Icon squad backpack. Very cool....it has alot of room(lots of pockets and a laptop case in it) it also has a helment bag.......well worth the few bucks...

Old 01-25-2006, 11:28 PM

gloves
boots
jacket

This is my new gear for 06. still need pants. yes there gonna be icon lol

Quick Reply: Icon Jacket?