General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HEEEEEEELP !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Default HEEEEEEELP !!!

I have a 93 zx7 w/ carb issues.....
Carbs have been cleaned, adj, float adj, and still, under any load, acts as tho not enuff fuel getting to carbs.
I have done fuel flo test, replaced fuel lines/filter etc. what could i have missed ???

Any help and input is greatly apreciated !!!

Thanx guyz !! Bob

Old 06-24-2005, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HEEEEEEELP !!!

Are you running to rich? Check plugs. I have an idling problem on my 2000 R1 I am dealing with, pain in the ***. Also check and make sure none of the vacuum hoses are off or pinched.
Hope this helps.

Old 06-24-2005, 08:43 AM

My problem is NOT too much fuel at all, it acts as tho fuel not getting into the carbs fast enuff, what are the chances the coils are breaking down and causing this phenom ???

Old 06-25-2005, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: dudeman_esq

My problem is NOT too much fuel at all, it acts as tho fuel not getting into the carbs fast enuff, what are the chances the coils are breaking down and causing this phenom ???
If you have never changed them before I would replace the coils and all the plug wires.

I have 40k on my R1 and I am replacing the coils and wires. Its better to replace things before they have to be replaced if you can.

Also after there done you will solve problem or just check off another possibility and move on to the next. Valves, cams and the timing chain.

How many miles do you have?

Old 06-26-2005, 07:24 PM

THERE SHOULD BE A LITTLE **** ON THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR BIKE NEAR OR UNDER THE FAIRINGS WHERE YOUR KNEE WOULD BE IF YOU WERE RIDING, THAT IS THE ENGINE IDLE ADJUSTING SCREW, WITH THE ENGINE ON TURN IT CLOCKWISE TIL THE TACH IS BETWEEN 1 AND 1 1/2 THE BEST WAY TO DO DO THIS IS WHEN YOUR BIKE IS WARMED UP.