General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Traded in my zx10 for a pair of crutches..pics added...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:14 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default Traded in my zx10 for a pair of crutches..pics added...

yup iwiped out... Im here to tell about it tho.THANK GOODNESS FOR GEAR.it happend mid november. nice sunny day cruzing down my favorite canyon road came around the corner to a couple of deer[:@] in the middle of my lane. i tried to lean it and swerv around them but i must of hit sum gravel andthe back end washed out on me and then she high sided on me and it was just a blur after that. thankz to my cell phone and riders passing by[sm=smiley20.gif]i was able to callthe wifey and load it up in my truck came back to the hizow dropped it off and went to the hospital to find out i chipped my ankle bone,slight concussion and just a little bit of road rash on my lowerback because i did'nt zip my pants and jacket together.The bike on other hand did not do as well she's totaled. Thankz to full coverage tho it's paid off and there are always more.[8D]she was'nt my first and sure the hell aint my last

Old 01-09-2007, 06:17 AM
Default RE: Traded in my zx10 for a pair of crutches.....

Damn bro, that sux. Glad to hear your ok and in good spirits. I know how ya feel. [8D] So how to ya feel now.(few months later)

Old 01-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

it takes longer to heal the older i get.....lol

Old 01-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

wow, that sucks. Glad you are doing ok. My guess on the ankle bone issue is 3 months? You going to track the bike now? Again, congrats on your health.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad you're alright man. It sounds bad, but at least you made it through.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Damn deer... glad you didnt get messed up that bad... im always scared of deer runnin out, i do alot of back roads, and dirt roads... dirt bike.... no crazy speeds or anything, but it doesnt take much speed, i almost hit a dead deer that was in the middle of the lane once, scared the poop out of me, right around a corner. I always have the option of going off the pavement unlike you street bikers...

Old 01-09-2007, 01:25 PM

Wow, crazy! Glad to hear you made it through, and are getting back on. Thanks for sharing, by the by... it reminds newbies like me just how important gear is, and that--no, really--I shouldn't ever get on a bike without it. I'm pretty sure I'll have my own scary story to tell someday, being infallibly human and all, but I'll strive my best to make sure that damage is minimal. Well wishes, hope you get better ASAP. Are you going to get on the same bike, or...?

Old 01-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

yup iwiped out... Im here to tell about it tho.THANK GOODNESS FOR GEAR.it happend mid november. nice sunny day cruzing down my favorite canyon road came around the corner to a couple of deer[:@] in the middle of my lane. i tried to lean it and swerv around them but i must of hit sum gravel andthe back end washed out on me and then she high sided on me and it was just a blur after that. thankz to my cell phone and riders passing by[sm=smiley20.gif]i was able to callthe wifey and load it up in my truck came back to the hizow dropped it off and went to the hospital to find out i chipped my ankle bone,slight concussion and just a little bit of road rash on my lowerback because i did'nt zip my pants and jacket together.The bike on other hand did not do as well she's totaled. Thankz to full coverage tho it's paid off and there are always more.[8D]she was'nt my first and sure the hell aint my last
Glad to see you took care of the bike first
But really, glad your okay and welcome to the club bro.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:45 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Damn man sorry to hear about that. Hope you heal fast. Where out riding the wall when it happened? I was there this past weekend and saw a deer just standing in the road like it ownded it. The thing just looked at me looked away then looked back and stood there. I even stoped the bike about 5 yards away and it wouldn't move till i threw a rock near it. I had a spill back in nov also on the free way. Damn suv cut me off in rush hour and locked up its break in front of me. I got lucky and missed hiting but the rear of the bike came up and over. I walked away with a bad sprain in the wrist and just a cracked front fairing. If you need anything let me know you got my number.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member

glad to hear your OK man.that sux. but on a brighter note are ya thinking about another 10 or are ya gonna go with something different?

Quick Reply: Traded in my zx10 for a pair of crutches..pics added...