General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Thanks Guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 04:34 AM
Default Thanks Guys

What's up guys. I came on here a few weeks ago looking for help on finding a bike and getting info on how to get my license and stuff. I didn't get a Kawasaki but I just wanted to say thanks to Mad Kaw and some of the other guys who helped out. I wound up getting a Suzuki GSXR. I know it's not a great starter bike but I am way more comfortable on it than the 250's at the MSF course.I ran into someone with a 636 the other day and I remembered to come by and thank you guys. Also is anybody going to the BARF noobie meet this Saturday?

Old 05-18-2006, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Thanks Guys

Sweet, 2 wheels is 2 wheels bro. Congrats and ride safe, get some gear don't be a squid or let someone tell you you do not need the gear, you do and it will be there for you if you ever need it.

Old 05-18-2006, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

yup...at least you got two wheels man...Thanx for the update..even tho u don't have a Kawi, still stop in from time to time..

And if you see a Kawi on the road..remember..it's faster!!! lol

Old 05-18-2006, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

hey great looking bike.... your still welcome here... it doesn't matter what you ride.... i sometimes go to the BARF meets on thursdays... but thats up north in santa rosa.... hey if you want to hang out and ride give me a PM... i go through fremont almost every sunday just to ride.... gear up and ride safe bro....

Old 05-18-2006, 07:10 AM

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

hey great looking bike.... your still welcome here... it doesn't matter what you ride.... i sometimes go to the BARF meets on thursdays... but thats up north in santa rosa.... hey if you want to hang out and ride give me a PM... i go through fremont almost every sunday just to ride.... gear up and ride safe bro....
Good looks on the welcome guys. I actually signed up for this website and asked questions here because this seemed like the best place to get info. You guys were the most helpful getting me on the bike in the first place. I have full gear I'm not taking a chance. I don't understand how these guys ride around in t-shirts and shorts like falling off a bike doesn't hurt.... Let me know if you want to meet up and ride. I go riding every weekend. STEPTECHJ@verizon.net Oh and the comment made about the Kawi's on the road being faster...Let me know when you guys are going to the dragstrip. It's always fun racing the competition.

Old 05-18-2006, 07:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Thats cool bro... I dig that gsxr. It looks **** man. Enjoy and ride safe.

Old 05-18-2006, 03:47 PM
1st Gear Member

off the subject, what the hell is everyone refering to by "being a squid". That's the second time I've heard that and I have absolutely no clue as to what that means.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dallin

off the subject, what the hell is everyone refering to by "being a squid". That's the second time I've heard that and I have absolutely no clue as to what that means.
A squid is a term used for a person that does not wear their gear - basically a squid is a complete moron on a bike (at least that is my way of describing it)

Old 05-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Fremont250 - congratulations on your new bike - quite nice looking - I like the color. Thank you for updating us on your progress. I'm glad that you were able to come here and get the information you needed.

You're more than welcome to stick around, imo. Hey, we keep notstock and his yami around, might as well throw in a zuki too!

Again congrats! Ride safe!

Old 05-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bluebird

You're more than welcome to stick around, imo. Hey, we keep notstock and his yami around, might as well throw in a zuki too!
ya good one bluebird....

Quick Reply: Thanks Guys