General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!
View Poll Results: What would you do?
A: Flip them off and shoot off when the light turns green.
19.23%
B: Pull over, get off your bike, pull the kid out of the car and rough him up.
23.08%
C: Don't do a thing.
26.92%
D: Wheelie for them.
11.54%
E: Other (Explain)
19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

So what would you do in this situation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 03:27 AM
1st Gear Member

That's why my wife married me

Old 07-22-2009, 09:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Best to just ignore them. If it gets dangerous, bring the bike to a stop in front of them to force them to stop and make the confrontation on your terms.

Back in the UK in the 60s most of us carried a length of spare chain to deal with obnoxious mods. That morphed into chain wrench - the handle makes it much more useable. I still tend to carry mine in the tank bag where it's ready to hand. Some old habits die hard. Faced by a helmeted and booted figure in body armour and carrying a chain wrench, most people start to feel peaceable lol.

But generally it's just too much hassle.

Rob

Old 07-22-2009, 09:48 AM
1st Gear Member

I carry a collapsible ASP...and it won't be much longer before I start carrying my Glock

Old 07-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I agree with Odi^; the "uncertain threat" of force is more intimidating than an actual display. I save that for the LAST STRAW. Just be visible. No hand gestures, no verbals, just let them know you see them and know where they live. If they cross the line and put you in a position of personal safety risk (on the highway or otherwise), then it's "game over." I'm a very nice guy with the patience of Job, until you cross that line....

Old 07-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That's why I want to get a custom made holster for my 44, I want it down low on my leg, totally visible. That way it's right out there when I'm riding the bike. Besides my armpit is getting sore trying to wear it in the shoulder holster. Oh sure I got a conceal permit, but I think just the visual of that bad boy will make even the stupidest crack heads think twice.

I mean even with my Hydrotour jacket on, it still sticks down a few inches past the coat. Who am I trying to fool.

Name:  100_5985.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  60.0 KB

And with the scope on it, its like I'm trying to smuggle a ham in my coat.
Name:  100_5984.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  69.8 KB

This is the holster I would like to get....I wonder if they make one for the Ruger Super Redhawk with the 7.5 inch barrel?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Props to you for not smashin the punks at the time..knowing b*tches like them they would probably start peeing their pants as soon as you grabbed one of them...but to be honest i agree with road kill..smash a window and see if they wanna man up...or just pull out a knife and pop as many tires as possible b4 they try to skip out.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Taking out tyres with a knife is a lot less easy than the cinema would have you think - especially if the vehicle might be moving. Shooting them sounds more like bull**** talk. Very few people would actually do that in the real world and using a gun as an offensive, as opposed to defensive tool, will get you jailed. Using it as threat might just get you shot pre-emptively.

For the same reason I don't use the knife that I always carry as a tool to make any kind of threat. The armour and chain wrench is more than enough, and I don't have to pratt about taking my gloves off, but even that's a last resort.

Rob

Old 07-25-2009, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member

I keep my black jack knife blade lubed with WD 40 so it does pop a tire and comes back out without hesitation...

Old 07-25-2009, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
That's why I want to get a custom made holster for my 44, I want it down low on my leg, totally visible. That way it's right out there when I'm riding the bike. Besides my armpit is getting sore trying to wear it in the shoulder holster. Oh sure I got a conceal permit, but I think just the visual of that bad boy will make even the stupidest crack heads think twice.

I mean even with my Hydrotour jacket on, it still sticks down a few inches past the coat. Who am I trying to fool.

And with the scope on it, its like I'm trying to smuggle a ham in my coat.

This is the holster I would like to get....I wonder if they make one for the Ruger Super Redhawk with the 7.5 inch barrel?

a one man army with a hand cannon!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Quick Reply: So what would you do in this situation?