General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Riding w/o an endorsement?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Default Riding w/o an endorsement?

What happens if you get pulled over without having your motorcycle endorsement? I have everything else but my endorsement... I have heard that its not that big a deal but that if you get pulled over, you HAVE to go get it and show it to the judge or the ticket will cost you something like 8 points on your license. is this true?

Old 10-20-2007, 07:14 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Riding w/o an endorsement?

It depends on what state you live in. I think in Washington state, (deej back me up here.) a new law passed which states that your bike WILL be impounded if you are stopped without having a motorcycle endorsement. (By will, I mean MANDATORY, no ifs or buts about it.) I think in all 50 states an officer can use his/her judgment whether or not to impound your bike and give you a ticket.

Bottom line, get your endorsement and you won't have to worry about what might happen if you get stopped.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:25 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hmm, get your endorsement m249.
mark.....No kidding? 8 pts? ouch.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:07 PM

Yea, in Tennessee, its 8 points. In fact, its the worst offense you can get as far as driving goes. DUI isnt even 8 points!

Old 10-20-2007, 04:11 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah how about you get your endorsment or at least your permit. And if you get caught driving with out an endoresment and y ou tell us about it we will call you a dumbass and have no sympothy on you

Old 10-20-2007, 05:10 PM
1st Gear Member

At least get your permit, its an easy test and it doesn't take to long. Here in Montana with a permit you have to be within a 100 feet of a liscense motorcycle driver (which is stupid). But I think that is different to depending on which state you live in

Old 10-20-2007, 05:11 PM
1st Gear Member

And besides with your 250 the driving test for the bike shouldn't be that hard anyways.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Yeah; get your permit. It's not that difficult. Don't take the risk of the consequence for not having one. In Ohio you have several months between the time you get your permit and when you have to take the test. On a 250, it should be a piece of cake.
Mark is right; it's one less worry if you get pulled over. Don't give the cops a reason to get fussy.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I have to agree with these guys. In GA, the permit test is all common sense, and you can ride alone on a permit... just not carrying any passengers, not on highways, and not at night. If you at least get your permit, you won't have to worry about what happens if you get pulled over.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:42 AM

i am going to get it fellas, i just have been busy with rotc and gradate school. im about ready to go ape **** with all these papers...

Quick Reply: Riding w/o an endorsement?