General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Jack Stands

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default Jack Stands

So I got my Universal Jack Stands today. Got them from Handy Industries. The stands seem to be great. My only concern is when the bike is up on the stands and off the ground I am affraid that the bike might fall when I am not around. Anyone have the concerns? I want to find out if I should put some weight on the ends so they do not fall when I am not around. Also want to make sure if the wife or kids are in the garage they don't get hurt if something does happen? Long post I know but think I might just be paranoid.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Jack Stands

I have not tried out that brand of stands. If your ride moves alot while on the stand, prolly not a good stand.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ok, went on the site and now I am confused. Jack Stands? You are talking about rear swing arm stands right? Spooled or unspooled?

Old 12-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

yeah sorry Dragone was getting late last night. when I typed it all up and was thinking 4 wheels not 2. Here is the model I got with the Spools. Bike doesn't move that much when they are on the stands. Just getting the bike on the stands with one person is a little nerve racking at times. I always feel like it is gonna tip when I have the back lifted first then go to the front.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:27 PM

I've had mine on stands with me sitting on it, runing through gears, and for weeks at a time. You should not have to worry a whole lot. But still, I wouldn't let kids play around it, you know how they can always find ways to break things!

Old 12-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

yeah I agree Remo. My wife and I don't let the kids play in the garage unless one of us are out there and then we still try to tell them the reasons why to stay away from the motorcycle.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:54 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigO

yeah I agree Remo. My wife and I don't let the kids play in the garage unless one of us are out there and then we still try to tell them the reasons why to stay away from the motorcycle.
Reason #1: Daddy will kill you
Reason #2: Daddy will not feel bad about Reason #1

Old 12-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

just for you big o

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_57286/tm.htm

Old 12-20-2006, 02:01 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

by the way, my bike stays on the rear stand in my house, it just looks cooler like that. it can handle my woman climbing on it and posing for the camera so you should be good to go.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Thanks Evil. I got both the front and rear and got them on the stands like how you said in your post. Just a bit paranoid and know the wife is gonna have a fit if anything happens to the bike. espcially with the kids around.

Quick Reply: Jack Stands