General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

I rode a Harley .....and i liked it

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 08:47 AM
1st Gear Member

I rode a Harley and it proved to be everything I ever thought of them. They don't handle, they don't go round corners, the engine is awful and the suspension is terrible.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I rented one for a couple days when the family and I were out in Colorado last August. Ive ridden and owned a few over the years(AMF and early EVO stuff), and believe the newer stuff are really quite decent motorcycles. As long as you understand its sole purpose is to put miles down in a strait line and in a un-hurried manner.

However its still a NO-BRAINER for me as I refuse to buy into the hype and lifestyle myself.

Ive actually got many friends who ride HD though...I go easy on them mostly

Last edited by rfwright; 11-30-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Spelling :(
Old 12-01-2008, 01:12 PM

The V-Rod dosn't handle like the older big twins, it handles a lot better. If anyone get a chance to check one out, you see what I mean. I went on a ride this weekend through a bunch of twistes and blew bye some sportbikes, so far the only one that I can't catch is your moderator, the hoedogg, he is one fast dude

Last edited by z4woo; 12-01-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

+1 to the handling and as far as me being a fast dude, thats what she said...LOL naw but for reals awsome bike!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

i did it again and really liked it as some of you might remember i had a bad car accident in august. well lately my neck is so tweeked i can't ride in the tucked postition for any long period of time. so i called my homie Z4Woo and we traded bikes for the day. all i can say is wow! thanks again Z4Woo! it was a great day of riding.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 PM

I had a blast trading bikes for a day.

Here's a big pic for you

Old 10-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I have nothing against Harleys as long as they understand where they reside in the performance food chain. John Deere technology. If you're just a regular guy riding a Harley, yeah; no problem. It's the macho-dudes who think they're Joe Bad wearing all that attitude, who just REALLY make me laugh. (Same with the sport bike guys being Joe Racer, for that matter. At least you can back it up with a sport bike, though.)
Glad to hear you had a good time, HoeDogg. No offense; Z4.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I know it is not a muscle, but it is a V rod with more upright bar position. A pic at the track with my youngest on a Vrod and a springer.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

John Deere technolgy? LOL i can tell jeff you have not had the pleasure of riding the new Vrod muscle or else you would not be typing that satement.this bike will give your ZX9 a run for it's money. no it does not corner as good as a sport bike. line these babies up at the strip tho and you would be surprised. Porche does not let anything roll out with their name in it and it not perform. anyway in the wind is in the wind to me. but i do like to go fast
Originally Posted by jeffzx9
I have nothing against Harleys as long as they understand where they reside in the performance food chain. John Deere technology. If you're just a regular guy riding a Harley, yeah; no problem. It's the macho-dudes who think they're Joe Bad wearing all that attitude, who just REALLY make me laugh. (Same with the sport bike guys being Joe Racer, for that matter. At least you can back it up with a sport bike, though.)
Glad to hear you had a good time, HoeDogg. No offense; Z4.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice Pic's Guy's,
H.D.'s are Ok If Thats What Your Into.

Quick Reply: I rode a Harley .....and i liked it