General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

I Hate red lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Default I Hate red lights

Don't you hate it when you come up to an intersection on your bike and you are not on the primary green side so you wait. . . . . . . . . and wait. . . . . . . . . and wait and there is nobody around. You think to yourself I should just go (did that once and got a ticket) but you wait. When a car does come and you move up so he can trigger the light the guy will not get close enough to you until he gets tired of waiting and then he inches his way forward slower the a slug.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:53 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I Hate red lights

Your kickstand is made of steel, lower it at the lights. Normally, in the 2000's, I have not had that issue.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:51 AM
1st Gear Member

I never had luck with putting the kickstand down. I've tried moving the bike all over the street sensor, but just cannot trip it.[>:]

Old 05-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

J C Whitney sells a light trigger...
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...=traffic+light

[ul]Legally trigger traffic signals like a large vehicle—saving time and fuel! Bigger magnet for faster, better performance (success rate is 99%!) Only 4" x 1" x 3/8" and weighs about as little as a cell phoneEasy installation in just 3 minutes—no tools or wiring required [/ul]Stop waiting around cursing non-changing traffic lights. By attaching this trigger to the underside of your bike, you won't have to worry about getting stuck at lights ever again! No more waiting for a big vehicle to come along and trip the light. Meets all DOT/EPA standards and comes complete with everything required for installation. Safe for onboard electronics when installed properly. Please note: generates a powerful magnetic field and should be handled with appropriate caution. People with Pacemakers should NOT handle this product.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:09 PM
1st Gear Member

I want one!

Old 05-06-2008, 04:24 PM
1st Gear Member

haven't had that problem yet - but we have nice new roads here - its usually a problem at older intersections.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:54 AM
1st Gear Member

I've been riding all of 3 days and havent had this problem, but my 89 has a steel frame... But i do feel your pain. One time a guy wasjust to the side of the sensortrying to turn left and had a pile of people behind him trying to turn right, I had to move up and trip it for him just to get traffic moving...

Old 06-02-2008, 05:29 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm glad I stumbled on this post, I've definitely had the issue but have never thought about putting the kickstand down. Gonna have to try it

Old 06-02-2008, 11:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Here in MN if you wait and the light does not change, you are allowed to go when safe. (only on a bike of course)

Old 06-03-2008, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Hmmm... I should find out whether or not that's illegal here.

Quick Reply: I Hate red lights