General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Gas gauge

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Default Gas gauge

Im seriously thinking about trading off my f4i for a 06 zx-6r. Anyway i went and looked at them today and didnt notice any kind of gas gauge or gas warning light and was wondering if there is one on it. Also if anyone knows would it be possible for a dealership to order a certain color of bike like the tribal design.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Default RE: Gas gauge

Low fuel light......

Old 01-15-2006, 02:34 AM

ORIGINAL: kobester

Im seriously thinking about trading off my f4i for a 06 zx-6r. Anyway i went and looked at them today and didnt notice any kind of gas gauge or gas warning light and was wondering if there is one on it. Also if anyone knows would it be possible for a dealership to order a certain color of bike like the tribal design.
Like Playstation said, it comes with a gas warning light. However, the word FUEL will flash for those of us who don't pay attention.

This is more info than asked for ... but I'm in a talkative mood. My wife cut me off for the day. [:@]

I have the tribal design bike. But if you try to order it from a dealership who doesn't have it, they're going to charge you an arm and a leg to get it to you. (another frieght charge and who knows what else)

The reason being is because every dealership is "assigned" X amount of bikes at the beggining of each year based on their sales for the previous year, and they're not given any more until about mid year. So a dealership can't order one from the factory until June sometime. If they say they'll special order you one, what they actually mean is they'll have one sent to them from another dealership (probubly a sister delaerhip if it's a major chain) Your best bet is to call all the dealerships in your area and surrounding areas to see if they have one.

Also, I paid $8950 out the door for mine. MSRP is $8700. So I got a GREAT deal. If your dealership tells you they cant match that because they'll be losing money, it's [sm=bs.gif]. Dealer cost is $7700 for our bike, so after all the taxes, title and license (about $1,000 maybe) My dealership only made about $300 off of me. So it can be done. After you sell your bike (DONT trade it in!!) offer a huge down payment like $3000 cash as more incentive for them to give you the deal.

Hope some of this info help man. At the very least you have some good info to be armed with when you go into your dealership to bargain and hold over their head. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Old 01-15-2006, 05:39 AM

yea i just noticed my fuel light turn on, on my tribal edition. arrow you got a great deal on your bike. mine out the door was 9700. and that was the best any dealership could offer. great deal man. and you cant go wrong the the 636 its a great bike.

Old 01-15-2006, 05:49 AM

ORIGINAL: cain169

yea i just noticed my fuel light turn on, on my tribal edition. arrow you got a great deal on your bike. mine out the door was 9700. and that was the best any dealership could offer. great deal man. and you cant go wrong the the 636 its a great bike.
Thanks dude. It took my a week of calling more than 15 dealerships, telling them what I wanted and waiting. I basically just used them against each other. Once I would get a low price, I would use it against the other guys. It really boiled to down to how much money were they willing to "not" make. The fact taht it's the middle of winter helps too. But it doesnt snow too much in AZ with 70+ degrees everyeday!! It was a pain, but well worth the money I saved.

The 636 is one of the best bikes out there right now. You're right, no one can go wrong with one.

Old 01-15-2006, 06:59 AM

yea i called a few places too and that was the final price i could end up with. im in socal so the really isnt a winter here either. so they are less likely to go lower.